Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Rossen Hristov <rh...@sun-fish.com> on 2001/07/11 12:59:12 UTC

Encoding Problem

Hi,

I started using batik several days ago for the purpose of drawing various
charts and up to know it is showing very nice results. I am able to view my
SVG files through the SVGBrowser, but when I try to see them through IE it
says that the encoding is unknown. The first line of my SVG file is the
following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Cp1251"?>

Well, where can I tell Batik to make the SVG files with different encoding,
UTF-8 or ISO-8859-1, etc.;
I searched in lots of classes but I never saw a method for setting up the
encoding or something.

If anyone could give me a hint I would greatly appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Rossen