Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Lionel Cons <li...@cern.ch> on 2015/09/17 15:18:03 UTC

Bug in ActiveMQ CPP with STOMP?

On our brokers, we see weird topics being created. Their name is:

/topic/ActiveMQ.Advisory.TempQueue,ActiveMQ.Advisory.TempTopic

Yes, this is a single topic with a comma in the middle.

After investigations, this seems to come from clients using ActiveMQ CPP over
STOMP. To be precise, they use activemq-cpp-3.8.2-5.el6.x86_64.

Looking at the code, ActiveMQ CPP indeed uses such a destination, as created
by AdvisorySupport::getTempDestinationCompositeAdvisoryTopic().

The problem is that ActiveMQ does not seem to support composite destinations
(i.e. joined with a comma) over STOMP and therefore created this weird topic.

Is this a bug in ActiveMQ that should support composite subscriptions over
STOMP? (nothing mentions this in http://activemq.apache.org/stomp.html)

Is this a bug in ActiveMQ CPP that should use multiple individual
subscriptions over STOMP?

Cheers,

Lionel