Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Mark <ma...@xeric.net> on 2012/01/29 17:06:25 UTC

Archetype Theme

Is there a reason, that the archetype was switched back to the old
theme instead of the one that matches tapestry.apache.org?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-1323

Mark

Re: Archetype Theme

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 12:36 AM, Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> If no one liked the new look or there was a reason not to use it,
>> thats fine. I was just trying to help with the branding of the
>> out-of-the-box experience.
>
> And I remember a discussion about that.

I mean a discussion about having the quickstart resembling the look
and feel of the main site...

--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com

Re: Archetype Theme

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 12:09 AM, Mark <ma...@xeric.net> wrote:

> I used the 5.3-SNAPSHOT version of the archetype for this video:
> http://blog.markwshead.com/900/tapestry-5-10-minute-demo/
>
> And it was using the newer theme. I'm pretty sure it was from what I
> checked out from Subversion and not something where I applied the
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-1323 patches to it, but
> maybe I was mistaken. Even then I would have though that changes to
> the previous version wouldn't have been disregarded for 5.3.

I there has been an error somewhere where the applied patch has been
"removed" unintentionally. I simply don't have time to check it when.
Sorry for that.

> If no one liked the new look or there was a reason not to use it,
> thats fine. I was just trying to help with the branding of the
> out-of-the-box experience.

And I remember a discussion about that.

If you would like to re-propose a patch against the new source tree
that would be great. I will do the commit.

Cheers
--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com