Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Dave Cahill <dc...@midokura.com> on 2013/02/20 03:18:42 UTC

SystemVM ISO building broken in master?

Hi,

Running on HEAD of master, the contents of systemvm.iso don't seem to be
getting created correctly.

Investigating a template download failure on my SSVM yesterday, I found
this error:

root@s-1-VM:~# tail /var/log/cloud/cloud.out

09:33:58,224  WARN Script:452 - Unable to find script listvmtmplt.sh
09:33:58,231  WARN NfsSecondaryStorageResource:1577 - Caught problem while
configuring DownloadManager
javax.naming.ConfigurationException: Unable to find the listvmtmplt.sh
    at
com.cloud.storage.template.DownloadManagerImpl.configure(DownloadManagerImpl.java:924)
    at
com.cloud.storage.resource.NfsSecondaryStorageResource.configure(NfsSecondaryStorageResource.java:1573)
    at com.cloud.agent.Agent.<init>(Agent.java:163)
    at com.cloud.agent.AgentShell.launchAgent(AgentShell.java:544)
    at
com.cloud.agent.AgentShell.launchAgentFromClassInfo(AgentShell.java:499)
    at com.cloud.agent.AgentShell.launchAgent(AgentShell.java:415)
    at com.cloud.agent.AgentShell.start(AgentShell.java:574)
    at com.cloud.agent.AgentShell.main(AgentShell.java:616)
09:33:58,240 ERROR AgentShell:591 - Unable to start agent: Unable to
configure NfsSecondaryStorageResource

listvmtmplt.sh wasn't present on the vm, so I checked my old systemvm.iso
(listvmtmplt.sh was present in systemvm.zip) and new one
(listvmtmplt.sh not present in systemvm.zip). Detailed logs / info below.

I did a fresh checkout of master, rebuilt, and again listvmtmplt.sh was not
present - is this maybe an error in the systemvm maven profile?

Thanks,
Dave.

Build command:
mvn -P developer,systemvm clean install

Comparison of systemvm.zip contents in systemvm.iso, old versus new:
http://pastebin.com/bhUit3kv

Re: SystemVM ISO building broken in master?

Posted by Dave Cahill <dc...@midokura.com>.
Alex,

Thanks for the quick reply and confirmation. I think I'll revert to an old
system VM image for now.

Converted this to a bug for tracking purposes:

Dave.

Posted by Alex Huang <Al...@citrix.com>.
Dave,