Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Ponomarenko Andrey <an...@yandex.ru> on 2016/03/26 17:37:41 UTC

API backward binary/source compatibility report

Hello,

I've just applied the japi-compliance-checker tool to all available releases of Hadoop and prepared a page with the history of API changes: http://abi-laboratory.pro/java/tracker/timeline/hadoop/

Hope the report will help users, maintainers and developers of the library to navigate over the API differences.

The analysis tool is open-source software: https://github.com/lvc/japi-compliance-checker

Thank you.

Re: API backward binary/source compatibility report

Posted by Ponomarenko Andrey <an...@yandex.ru>.
Hello,

Non-public classes (i.e. not annotated by the InterfaceAudience.Public) have been excluded from the report starting from 0.21.0 version. Also added analysis reports for old versions of the library down to 0.1.0: http://abi-laboratory.pro/java/tracker/timeline/hadoop/

Thank you.

26.03.2016, 20:20, "Sean Busbey":

Posted by Ponomarenko Andrey <an...@yandex.ru>.
Hello,

Posted by Ponomarenko Andrey <an...@yandex.ru>.
Hello,

Posted by Ponomarenko Andrey <an...@yandex.ru>.
Hello,

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.

<an...@yandex.ru> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've just applied the japi-compliance-checker tool to all available releases of Hadoop and prepared a page with the history of API changes: http://abi-laboratory.pro/java/tracker/timeline/hadoop/
>
> Hope the report will help users, maintainers and developers of the library to navigate over the API differences.
>
> The analysis tool is open-source software: https://github.com/lvc/japi-compliance-checker
>
> Thank you.

busbey

Re: API backward binary/source compatibility report

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.

<an...@yandex.ru> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've just applied the japi-compliance-checker tool to all available releases of Hadoop and prepared a page with the history of API changes: http://abi-laboratory.pro/java/tracker/timeline/hadoop/
>
> Hope the report will help users, maintainers and developers of the library to navigate over the API differences.
>
> The analysis tool is open-source software: https://github.com/lvc/japi-compliance-checker
>
> Thank you.

busbey

Re: API backward binary/source compatibility report

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.

<an...@yandex.ru> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've just applied the japi-compliance-checker tool to all available releases of Hadoop and prepared a page with the history of API changes: http://abi-laboratory.pro/java/tracker/timeline/hadoop/
>
> Hope the report will help users, maintainers and developers of the library to navigate over the API differences.
>
> The analysis tool is open-source software: https://github.com/lvc/japi-compliance-checker
>
> Thank you.

busbey

Re: API backward binary/source compatibility report

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.

<an...@yandex.ru> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've just applied the japi-compliance-checker tool to all available releases of Hadoop and prepared a page with the history of API changes: http://abi-laboratory.pro/java/tracker/timeline/hadoop/
>
> Hope the report will help users, maintainers and developers of the library to navigate over the API differences.
>
> The analysis tool is open-source software: https://github.com/lvc/japi-compliance-checker
>
> Thank you.

busbey