Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Benjamin Young <by...@bigbluehat.com> on 2017/05/14 22:09:58 UTC

ApacheCon ad-hockathon ;)

Hi all,

A few weeks back I proposed an "Upgrading Our Apache Hackathon"

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=69408218

Life, work, and all the things ate my time to properly promote this, but I've still arrived here in Miami tonight (Sunday evening) with the intent of hacking on such things tomorrow with anyone who finds me.

One key thing I need to sort out is the place to do this. Rich or Shane had mentioned a particular space in the venue that could work well for this sort of thing. Just need some available tables, outlets and wifi in an area we won't be underfoot for setup.

Please let others know about this little hackathon! Especially if that individual has ever complained about any of the tools they use here at Apache. ^_^

Talk soon!

Benjamin

--

http://bigbluehat.com/

http://linkedin.com/in/benjaminyoung

Re: ApacheCon ad-hockathon ;)

Posted by Brent Gilbert <bi...@gmail.com>.
I wish I was there

Thanks, BJG

Re: ApacheCon ad-hockathon ;)

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
I am trying to figure out where this space is, as setup is still
actively ongoing. At the moment I'm at the table outside of the
@BarCampApache room - Raphael - to the left of the grand ballroom as you
come up the stairs. But it's a small table. I'll update here, and on
apachecon-discuss, as I have details.

--Rich

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon

Re: ApacheCon ad-hockathon ;)

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 14 May 2017, Benjamin Young wrote:
> A few weeks back I proposed an "Upgrading Our Apache Hackathon"
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=69408218
>
> One key thing I need to sort out is the place to do this. Rich or Shane
> had mentioned a particular space in the venue that could work well for
> this sort of thing. Just need some available tables, outlets and wifi in
> an area we won't be underfoot for setup.

I'd suggest you head to the barcamp at 9.30am, and try to book in a
discussion on it for early in the day. You can sort out some space with
the Linux Foundation staff before hand (there are various seating areas on
the conference floor you can probably claim one of), then do a 30 minute
session at the barcamp to plan what to do + raise interest. Then, retire
to your corner/table and hopefully others will join to hack :)

Nick