Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by Indiradevi Gorijavolu <in...@lumeris.com> on 2015/10/29 14:26:40 UTC

Kylin cube cretion

HI,

I am Data warehouse engineer in BI Tools. I want to create cube in kylin cube.
while I am creating kylin cube, have some doubts. Could you please carify my doubts.

1)how we will create dimension and fact table in hive, same like BI Dimension and fact table or we need to create different?

2)what is the use Filter option? At what time we need to use?
3)i did not understand what is the use of "refresh settings" option?
4)what is the use of advanced settings option? it is like aggregation in cube or some thing.

Thanks,
indira

This electronic transmission and any documents accompanying this electronic transmission contain confidential information belonging to the sender.  This information may contain confidential health information that is legally privileged.  The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.  The authorized recipient of this transmission is prohibited from disclosing this information to any other party unless required to do so by law or regulation and is required to delete or destroy the information after its stated need has been fulfilled.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on or regarding the contents of this electronically transmitted information is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this message immediately.

Re: Kylin cube cretion

Posted by Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com>.
Please refer comments inline.

Luke Han

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 9:26 PM, Indiradevi Gorijavolu <
indiradevig@lumeris.com> wrote:

> HI,
>
> I am Data warehouse engineer in BI Tools. I want to create cube in kylin
> cube.
> while I am creating kylin cube, have some doubts. Could you please carify
> my doubts.
>
> 1)how we will create dimension and fact table in hive, same like BI
> Dimension and fact table or we need to create different?
> *Create star-schame in Hive first and then sync up table's metadata to
> Kylin.*
>

> 2)what is the use Filter option? At what time we need to use?

*Filter it for user to add "where" clause to exclude some data from Hive
table*

> 3)i did not understand what is the use of "refresh settings" option?

*Which allow people to setup incremental refresh *

4)what is the use of advanced settings option? it is like aggregation in
> cube or some thing.

*Please go with basic and default settings first, there's automatic
generate for those settings which should only be touched when
user familiar with Kylin and deep understand about the design and query
pattern.*