Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Christian Trebing <ch...@gmx.de> on 2016/12/13 11:58:48 UTC

How to abort a DagRun?

Hi,

we sometimes have the situation that a DagRun is started, but it needs to
be aborted. The current way of handling that situation is to stop airflow,
reinitialize the database and restart airflow. Is there a better way how to
handle this in the airflow UI without erasing the history of DagRuns?

Regards,
  Christian

Re: How to abort a DagRun?

Posted by Christian Trebing <ch...@gmx.de>.
Hi Luke,

this works great, thanks a lot for the hint!

Regards,
  Christian

On Tue, 13 Dec 2016 at 13:18 Maycock, Luke <
luke.maycock@affiliate.oliverwyman.com> wrote:

Hi Christian,

I believe you can achieve this by going to 'Browse > Dag Runs'. Find the
DAG run you wish to stop and click the check box on the left. Next, click
'With selected' and set it to either 'success' or 'failed'.

I believe this will prevent any further tasks in the DAG run from running
but will let the currently running tasks complete.

If you wish to restart the DAG run from where it was stopped, just do the
same again but set the state to 'running'.

Cheers,
Luke Maycock
OLIVER WYMAN
luke.maycock@affiliate.oliverwyman.com<mailto: