Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net> on 2003/02/11 17:46:19 UTC

Snapshots

Pier,

What happend to those HEADER / README / .htaccess in cocoon snapshots
directory? Also, file name became unreadable again (because of this
DescriptionWidth=* in the www root)  :'-(

PS There are two forgotten tarballs in the .snapshot directory... Mind
if I rm them?

Vadim

Re: Snapshots, Attn: Pier

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
On 12/2/03 20:37, "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de> wrote:

> Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>> I believe you added -name "*.tar.gz", right? :-) Yes, just one little thing,
>> it should be '*.tar.gz' (single quotes, not double quotes) to avoid shell
>> expansion... Fixed it, now it should be all right...
>
> Single quotes make a difference if the quoted string contains
> shell variable references. There is no difference regarding
> globbing. Just try
> ls "*"
> It should give you something like
> ls: *: No such file or directory
>
> Are you sure you are on the right track?

I ain't a guru... I know that with single quotes it works (on Solaris)...

    Pier

Re: Snapshots, Attn: Pier

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Pier Fumagalli wrote:
> I believe you added -name "*.tar.gz", right? :-) Yes, just one little thing,
> it should be '*.tar.gz' (single quotes, not double quotes) to avoid shell
> expansion... Fixed it, now it should be all right...

Single quotes make a difference if the quoted string contains
shell variable references. There is no difference regarding
globbing. Just try
  ls "*"
It should give you something like
  ls: *: No such file or directory

Are you sure you are on the right track?

J.Pietschmann

Re: Snapshots, Attn: Pier

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
"Vadim Gritsenko" <va...@verizon.net> wrote:

> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
>> Pier,
>>
>> What happend to those HEADER / README / .htaccess in cocoon snapshots
>> directory? Also, file name became unreadable again (because of this
>> DescriptionWidth=* in the www root)  :'-(
>

> Ok, I know, they were deleted by this "find" command in the
> snapshot.sh. Pier, I've hopefully fixed it, and re-added some
> .htaccess, please take a look,

I believe you added -name "*.tar.gz", right? :-) Yes, just one little thing,
it should be '*.tar.gz' (single quotes, not double quotes) to avoid shell
expansion... Fixed it, now it should be all right...

Sorry for being so late in the replies, but this week I'm swamped...

    Pier

Snapshots, Attn: Pier

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.