Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jesfre <je...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/03 01:05:23 UTC

Invalid final field ...DependencyInfo.dependency

Hi everyone...
I have an error with this description... And I'm confused because I run
">mvn clean install" with SUCCESSFUL result but when I try to run it on the
host of the customer the build fails... And, more rare, fails only with
webapp submodules...

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] Building t0_regionalWebApp
[INFO]    task-segment: [clean, install]
[INFO]
[INFO] [clean:clean]
[INFO] [resources:resources]
[WARNING] Using platform encoding (UTF-8 actually) to copy filtered
resources, i.e. build is platform dependent!
[INFO] skip non existing resourceDirectory
/daltio/develop/Kronos/src/migration/t0+regional_WL6.1/implementacion/webApplications/t0/src/main/resources
[INFO] [compiler:compile]
[INFO] Compiling 409 source files to
/daltio/develop/Kronos/src/migration/t0+regional_WL6.1/implementacion/webApplications/t0/target/classes
[INFO] [resources:testResources]
[WARNING] Using platform encoding (UTF-8 actually) to copy filtered
resources, i.e. build is platform dependent!
[INFO] skip non existing resourceDirectory
/daltio/develop/Kronos/src/migration/t0+regional_WL6.1/implementacion/webApplications/t0/src/test/resources
[INFO] [compiler:testCompile]
[INFO] No sources to compile
[INFO] [surefire:test]
[INFO] No tests to run.
[INFO] [war:war]
[INFO] Packaging webapp
[INFO] Assembling webapp[t0_regional] in
[/daltio/develop/Kronos/src/migration/t0+regional_WL6.1/implementacion/webApplications/t0/target/t0_regional]
[INFO] Processing war project
[INFO] Copying webapp
resources[/daltio/develop/Kronos/src/migration/t0+regional_WL6.1/implementacion/webApplications/t0/src/main/webapp]
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Invalid final field
org.apache.maven.plugin.war.util.DependencyInfo.dependency
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ObjectAccessException:
Invalid final field
org.apache.maven.plugin.war.util.DependencyInfo.dependency
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.PureJavaReflectionProvider.validateFieldAccess(Ljava.lang.reflect.Field;)V(PureJavaReflectionProvider.java:161)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.PureJavaReflectionProvider.visitSerializableFields(Ljava.lang.Object;Lcom.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ReflectionProvider$Visitor;)V(PureJavaReflectionProvider.java:114)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.doMarshal(Ljava.lang.Object;Lcom.thoughtworks.xstream.io.HierarchicalStreamWriter;Lcom.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.MarshallingContext;)V(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:51)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.marshal(Ljava.lang.Object;Lcom.thoughtworks.xstream.io.HierarchicalStreamWriter;Lcom.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.MarshallingContext;)V(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:43)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceMarshaller.convert(Ljava.lang.Object;Lcom.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.Converter;)V(AbstractReferenceMarshaller.java:55)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeMarshaller.convertAnother(Ljava.lang.Object;)V(TreeMarshaller.java:50)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.AbstractCollectionConverter.writeItem(Ljava.lang.Object;Lcom.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.MarshallingContext;Lcom.thoughtworks.xstream.io.HierarchicalStreamWriter;)V(AbstractCollectionConverter.java:52)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter.marshal(Ljava.lang.Object;Lcom.thoughtworks.xstream.io.HierarchicalStreamWriter;Lcom.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.MarshallingContext;)V(CollectionConverter.java:44)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceMarshaller.convert(Ljava.lang.Object;Lcom.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.Converter;)V(AbstractReferenceMarshaller.java:55)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeMarshaller.convertAnother(Ljava.lang.Object;)V(TreeMarshaller.java:50)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.marshallField(Lcom.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.MarshallingContext;Ljava.lang.Object;Ljava.lang.reflect.Field;)V(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:120)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter$2.writeField(Ljava.lang.String;Ljava.lang.String;Ljava.lang.Class;Ljava.lang.Class;Ljava.lang.Object;)V(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:112)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter$2.visit(Ljava.lang.String;Ljava.lang.Class;Ljava.lang.Class;Ljava.lang.Object;)V(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:88)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.PureJavaReflectionProvider.visitSerializableFields(Ljava.lang.Object;Lcom.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ReflectionProvider$Visitor;)V(PureJavaReflectionProvider.java:117)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.doMarshal(Ljava.lang.Object;Lcom.thoughtworks.xstream.io.HierarchicalStreamWriter;Lcom.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.MarshallingContext;)V(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:73)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.marshal(Ljava.lang.Object;Lcom.thoughtworks.xstream.io.HierarchicalStreamWriter;Lcom.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.MarshallingContext;)V(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:43)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceMarshaller.convert(Ljava.lang.Object;Lcom.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.Converter;)V(AbstractReferenceMarshaller.java:55)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeMarshaller.convertAnother(Ljava.lang.Object;)V(TreeMarshaller.java:50)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeMarshaller.start(Ljava.lang.Object;Lcom.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.DataHolder;)V(TreeMarshaller.java:73)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.ReferenceByXPathMarshallingStrategy.marshal(Lcom.thoughtworks.xstream.io.HierarchicalStreamWriter;Ljava.lang.Object;Lcom.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConverterLookup;Lcom.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.Mapper;Lcom.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.DataHolder;)V(ReferenceByXPathMarshallingStrategy.java:34)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.marshal(Ljava.lang.Object;Lcom.thoughtworks.xstream.io.HierarchicalStreamWriter;Lcom.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.DataHolder;)V(XStream.java:765)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.marshal(Ljava.lang.Object;Lcom.thoughtworks.xstream.io.HierarchicalStreamWriter;)V(XStream.java:754)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.toXML(Ljava.lang.Object;Ljava.io.Writer;)V(XStream.java:735)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.war.util.WebappStructureSerializer.toXml(Lorg.apache.maven.plugin.war.util.WebappStructure;Ljava.io.File;)V(WebappStructureSerializer.java:105)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.war.packaging.SaveWebappStructurePostPackagingTask.performPostPackaging(Lorg.apache.maven.plugin.war.packaging.WarPackagingContext;)V(SaveWebappStructurePostPackagingTask.java:62)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.war.AbstractWarMojo.buildWebapp(Lorg.apache.maven.project.MavenProject;Ljava.io.File;)V(AbstractWarMojo.java:448)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.war.AbstractWarMojo.buildExplodedWebapp(Ljava.io.File;)V(AbstractWarMojo.java:375)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.war.WarMojo.performPackaging(Ljava.io.File;)V(WarMojo.java:181)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.war.WarMojo.execute()V(WarMojo.java:143)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(Lorg.apache.maven.project.MavenProject;Lorg.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecution;Lorg.apache.maven.execution.MavenSession;)V(DefaultPluginManager.java:453)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Ljava.util.List;Ljava.util.Stack;Lorg.apache.maven.execution.MavenSession;Lorg.apache.maven.project.MavenProject;)V(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:559)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(Ljava.lang.String;Ljava.util.Stack;Lorg.apache.maven.execution.MavenSession;Ljava.util.Map;Lorg.apache.maven.project.MavenProject;Lorg.apache.maven.lifecycle.Lifecycle;)V(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:500)

Re: Invalid final field ...DependencyInfo.dependency

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

Jesfre wrote at Freitag, 3. Juli 2009 08:45:
> Jörg Schaible-2 wrote:
>>
>> Jesfre wrote at Freitag, 3. Juli 2009 01:05:
>>

>>> Hi everyone...
>>> I have an error with this description... And I'm confused because I run
>>> ">mvn clean install" with SUCCESSFUL result but when I try to run it on
>>> the host of the customer the build fails... And, more rare, fails only
>>> with webapp submodules...
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>>> [INFO] Trace
>>> com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ObjectAccessException:
>>> Invalid final field
>>> org.apache.maven.plugin.war.util.DependencyInfo.dependency
>>>         at

com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.PureJavaReflectionProvider.validateFieldAccess(Ljava.lang.reflect.Field;)V(PureJavaReflectionProvider.java:161)
>>>         at

com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.PureJavaReflectionProvider.visitSerializableFields(Ljava.lang.Object;Lcom.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ReflectionProvider$Visitor;)V(PureJavaReflectionProvider.java:114)
>>>         at

com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.doMarshal(Ljava.lang.Object;Lcom.thoughtworks.xstream.io.HierarchicalStreamWriter;Lcom.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.MarshallingContext;)V(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:51)

>> [snip]
>>
>> Which JDK version of what vendor is on the host?
>
> Sorry...
> I'm using:
>
> Maven 2
> JDK 1.4
> App server Weblogic 8.1 SP3
> Platform Linux

OK. Can you open a JIRA issue in the war plugin? The version you're using is
not JDK 1.4 compatible, but I simply guess that the developer was not aware
of it.

Background: XStream is a small library converting objects to XML and back.
The developers of the war plugin used it to convert somewhere between this
DependencyInfo and XML. However, this type has a final field "dependency".
Since JDK 5 it is possible to write into final fields using reflection (see
Javadoc), but it is simply not possible with JDK 1.4. For JDK 1.4 support
the field may not be declared final.

- Jörg

Re: Invalid final field ...DependencyInfo.dependency

Posted by Jesfre <je...@gmail.com>.
Sorry...
I'm using:

Maven 2
JDK 1.4
App server Weblogic 8.1 SP3
Platform Linux

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

Jesfre wrote at Freitag, 3. Juli 2009 01:05:

> Hi everyone...
> I have an error with this description... And I'm confused because I run
> ">mvn clean install" with SUCCESSFUL result but when I try to run it on
> the host of the customer the build fails... And, more rare, fails only
> with webapp submodules...

[snip]