Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/03 22:26:05 UTC

Trouble with javadoc and package name

I'm having trouble building the OpenSymphony XWork project.  When it
gets to the Javadoc Maven complains about the package names, but it's
using what looks like the entire path.

For example, it complains about
   package ensymphony.xwork.src.java.com.opensymphony.xwork2
when it should be just
   com.opensymphony.xwork2

Part of the log file:
Constructing Javadoc information...
1 error
42 warnings
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Error while creating archive:Exit code: 1 - javadoc: warning -
No source files for package
ensymphony.xwork.src.java.com.opensymphony.xwork2
javadoc: warning - No source files for package
ensymphony.xwork.src.java.com.opensymphony.xwork2.config
javadoc: warning - No source files for package
ensymphony.xwork.src.java.com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.entities

Entire build output here:

http://wiki.wsmoak.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?XWorkBuild

(I built the latest javadoc plugin snapshot and tried it again; same thing.)

Any ideas?
--
Wendy

Re: Trouble with javadoc and package name

Posted by Bezuhlyi <be...@gmail.com>.
It's about if you have:

    [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javadoc-plugin:2.9.1:jar (default-cli) on
project coolproject-api: MavenReportException: Error while creating archive:
    [ERROR] Exit code: 1 - javadoc: warning - No source files for package
org.coolproject.api
    [ERROR] javadoc: warning - No source files for package
org.coolproject.api
    [ERROR] javadoc: warning - No source files for package
org.coolproject.api.listeners
    [ERROR] javadoc: error - No public or protected classes found to
document.

Java compiler understands sources directories with package-style names like:
    coolproject-api/java/org.coolproject.api/

and there are no problems with it, but *maven-javadoc-plugin* doesn't. So
try to change your "physical" packages layout to:

Posted by franz see <fr...@gmail.com>.
Good day to you, Wendy,

You can try and run maven-javadoc-plugin in debug mode ( by setting
MAVEN_OPTS to some value...see the mvn.bat or mvn script file for more info
) then observe what arguments are being fed to the CommandLine.

It's basically just a call to your javadoc executable.

Cheers,
Franz