Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Jayadev C <ja...@ymail.com> on 2012/12/03 20:52:49 UTC

Issues with setting up Thrift Server with Leveldb

Anybody has experience setting up Thrift Server for levedb and the optimal settings for that ?

I have a simple thrift setup (blocking, threaded server) wrapping leveldb and doing a simple performance test  shows sudden degradation. Now it looks like it might be best to use a single thread for writing for leveldb and multiple threads for reading , can I get that kind of control using Thrift. Currently I assume it spawns a thread per write request from client leading to many threads swamping the background compaction thread leading to performance degradation.

Thanks,
Jayadev