Posted to recruitment@openoffice.apache.org by "Juan B. Rodriguez" <ju...@outlook.com> on 2018/08/20 11:27:19 UTC

RE: I would like to contibute to open office

Several months ago I contacted Openoffice Apache Org; and downloaded what you suggested. Honestly I wasn’t able to understand your software and ended up uninstalling it. I was hoping to find a simple and logic programming environment like in Microsoft Visual c/c++, Microsoft Visual Basic or Borland, etc. All were simple to use because I only had to open the main program to do all I ever needed, with an ease to understand and use compiler, and simple to access all I ever needed to create any kind of program/application.
I understand that today there are many more languages than during those old days and that were created to perform and simplify the actual variety of Developments and its related applications.
I downloaded MS Visual Studio 2017 hoping to learn all I stopped to learn since the year 2005, imagine my actual ignorance.
I honestly appreciate your continuous messages of motivation. I feel strongly that some day I shall return and join the Apache Organization, because it will be an honor to participate with a very different and special kind of organization.

Best Regards,
Juan B. Rodriguez, Electrical Engineer

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.
I know building AOO is difficult. The first time a tried I gave up. The
second time, I asked for help each time I got stuck, and succeeded in
building it.

The core problem is a combination of history, and the number of
different supported platforms.

On 8/20/2018 4:27 AM, Juan B. Rodriguez wrote:
> Several months ago I contacted Openoffice Apache Org; and downloaded what you suggested. Honestly I wasn’t able to understand your software and ended up uninstalling it. I was hoping to find a simple and logic programming environment like in Microsoft Visual c/c++, Microsoft Visual Basic or Borland, etc. All were simple to use because I only had to open the main program to do all I ever needed, with an ease to understand and use compiler, and simple to access all I ever needed to create any kind of program/application.
> I understand that today there are many more languages than during those old days and that were created to perform and simplify the actual variety of Developments and its related applications.
> I downloaded MS Visual Studio 2017 hoping to learn all I stopped to learn since the year 2005, imagine my actual ignorance.
> I honestly appreciate your continuous messages of motivation. I feel strongly that some day I shall return and join the Apache Organization, because it will be an honor to participate with a very different and special kind of organization.
>
> Best Regards,
> Juan B. Rodriguez, Electrical Engineer

---
https://www.avg.com