Posted to dev@devicemap.apache.org by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/29 01:52:43 UTC

Problems with SVN repo

Something very wrong happening with the entire DeviceMap SVN repo right now.

Earlier (Monday here in Europe) it seemed OK, but following a commit
R1614204 Reza made (0:11 tonight, probably displayed CET here or UTC) the
entire SVN repo seems to be unhappy.

Not only the "examples" folder, but any sub-project e.g. "java" and below.
I made a brief attempt to commit to other folders, but everything under the
repository seems affected.

This is the error message:
    svn: E190003: Commit failed (details follow):
    svn: E190003: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: E190003: The specified baseline is not the latest baseline, so it may
not be checked out.
svn: E175002: CHECKOUT of '/repos/asf/!svn/bln/1614210': 409 Conflict (
https://svn.apache.org)
    svn: E190003: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: E190003: The specified baseline is not the latest baseline, so it may
not be checked out.
svn: E175002: CHECKOUT of '/repos/asf/!svn/bln/1614210': 409 Conflict (
https://svn.apache.org)

HTH,
Werner

Re: Problems with SVN repo

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi Werner,

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 1:52 AM, Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...svn: E190003: The specified baseline is not the latest baseline, so it may
> not be checked out....

This can happen when the european and US svn mirrors are out of sync,
as explained at http://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html

As you noticed, retrying after a few seconds usually works.

-Bertrand

Re: Problems with SVN repo

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
Not sure what it was, maybe a temporary SVN hickup, but after I tried yet
another folder not checked out before (much older revision) updating just
its svnignore, I was able to commit the "docs" folder, and same with others.

Werner