Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by "Morrow, Steve D." <SM...@fhlbdm.com> on 2004/05/03 18:00:20 UTC

RE: whitespace inside but outside inserted in to output

I don't disagree with your viewpoint (a 300-character line can be yucky to
read); I'm just saying I would have expected the space and am interested to
know if the different implementations handle this differently.

This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
addressed.  If you have received this email in error, please delete the
email and any files transmitted with it entirely from your computer.

Re: whitespace inside but outside inserted in to output

Posted by Andreas Schildbach <an...@schildbach.de>.
Morrow, Steve D. wrote:

> I'm just saying I would have expected the space and am interested to
> know if the different implementations handle this differently.

Well, <c:url> and nested <c:param>'s do not allow any whitespace to
appear in the source (this is for 1.03, 1.04 and 1.10 afaik, I never
tried other implementations).

I am doing

	<c:param name="name" value="whatever"/>
</c:url>">go!</a>

in a lot of places and there is not any whitespace appearing in the href
attribute. Just the plain link.

Would you have expected the CR and the TAB in the source here, too?

Regards,

Andreas