Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Martin Hepworth <ma...@solid-state-logic.com> on 2004/02/24 10:20:36 UTC

New statistical filters

Hi
I don't if anyone has seen this
http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/02/24/0025219&mode=nested, but
it seems some of the newer filters are getting quite good at spotting spam.

Has anyone looked at these, integrated with SA or so the SA-devel folks
have any plans in the near future to fold these into SA like they've
with bayes?

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

the system manager.

Re: New statistical filters

Posted by Jason Haar <Ja...@trimble.co.nz>.
On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 10:46:30AM -0800, Justin Mason wrote:
> >I don't if anyone has seen this
> >http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/02/24/0025219&mode=nested, but
> >it seems some of the newer filters are getting quite good at spotting spam.
>
> It does look interesting (modulo some nasty anti-SpamAssassin comments
> on the DSPAM FAQ page).

Yeah - and I don't see the big diff. To get the 99.x% success rate, they
specifically mention requiring feedback from users of what e-mails are spam
- i.e high quality Bayes - which SA can do anyway.

The trick is how to do Bayes without requiring feedback from users...

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417