Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Stanislav Lukyanov <st...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/09 14:17:23 UTC

RE: How to configure a cluster as a persistent, replicated SQLdatabase

Hi Naveen,

Please refer to this page https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/3rd-party-store.
In short, you need to implement a CacheStore or use one of the standard implementations (CacheJdbcBlobStore, CacheJdbcPojoStore)
and add it to your cache configuration.
Also, you can set DataRegionConfiguration.persistenceEnabled=false to disable native persistence.

Thanks,
Stan

Posted by "ilya.kasnacheev" <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello  Naveen!

I guess you have to use CREATE TABLE for caches to be in PUBLIC schema. I'm
afraid it doesn't work that way for if they're created using Ignite API.

RE: How to configure a cluster as a persistent, replicated SQLdatabase

Posted by Naveen <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stan

I was able to setup ignite with Oracle as persistent layer.
However I still have one concern, the existing Oracle DMLs are not working
with ignite

For e.g

In Oracle below is the insert statement I use

    insert into map_dummy (ENTITY_ID, MAPPING_ID_LIST, RELATIONSHIP,
UPDATEDDATETIME, UPDATEDBY, SEQUENCE_NO, TUPLE_COUNT) values
    ('8','maplist8','rel2',sysdate,'upd2','2','2')

In ignite, I had to prefix with schema

INSERT INTO *"MapDummyCache".*MAP_DUMMY (ENTITY_ID, MAPPING_ID_LIST,
RELATIONSHIP, UPDATEDDATETIME, UPDATEDBY, SEQUENCE_NO, TUPLE_COUNT) values
    ('6','maplist6','rel5',sysdate,'upd5','5','5');

Because of this, I had to change my existing Oracle DMLs to make it work
with Ignite.
I believe I tried to change the schema to PUBLIC by explicitly setting the
schema while creating the cache, but still no luck,

Any suggestions for this,

Thanks
Naveen