Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by hyrahul64 <hy...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/29 23:44:22 UTC

Active MQ viewing messages in queue

I just want to see content of message which have been queued in ActiveMQ
queues. I opened web-console.(http://localhost:8161/admin/queues.jsp) and
clicked on message-id of the message of queue. It gives me following error
in "Message Details" window rather than giving content of message.

"javax.jms.JMSException: Failed to build body from content. Serializable
class not available to broker. Reason: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:"

What is the cause of this exception & what I need to do to get rid of this?

Re: Active MQ viewing messages in queue

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
You need to put all relevant JARs onto the broker's classpath, either by
putting them into a folder that will be automatically added to the
classpath (e.g. lib) or by putting them somewhere else and modifying the
start script to add them to the classpath.

Tim

Posted by hyrahul64 <hy...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
One common cause of that exception is when you send an ObjectMessage whose
object contains a class that's on the classpath of your producer and your
consumer but not on the classpath of the broker. This could be a custom
class you wrote, or something out of third-party library you depend on.

Tim