Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Brenden Towey <br...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/26 22:16:26 UTC

Minor NetBeans 11 issues

Hi folks, I'm trying out NetBeans 11 VC for the first time. These are
just some notes I'm making about various things I saw as issues.

- First install, unpack zip file, Windows Defender doesn't want let me
run "netbeans64.exe", says publisher unknown.  I can choose "More Info"
and then Run Anyway.

- First program start up, importing preferences from NB 10 is smooth.  I
notice my fontsize in 11 is way too small, might be nice to add an
option to also import --fontsize from netbeans.conf.

- "Alt-Enter" to show hints in the editor didn't work for me in NB10,
and it doesn't work in NB11.  Example: add "implements Runnable" to a
random class, and try to use Alt-Enter to show the menu.  Nothing
happens when I press alt-enter, no pop-up appears. (Clicking on the
light bulb that appears in the left margin does work however.)

-Dracula skin still only colors the editor, not the entire IDE.

OK, that's what I've found so far.  Good luck all.

Re: Minor NetBeans 11 issues

Posted by John McDonnell <mc...@gmail.com>.
Hi Brendan

- First install, unpack zip file, Windows Defender doesn't want let me
run "netbeans64.exe", says publisher unknown.  I can choose "More Info"
and then Run Anyway.

-> There's been talk of a windows installer recently (I've been out of the
loop but I think I did see an email at somepoint around this.) - Maybe when
VC4 passes the IPMC vote the installer will be generated for the full
release.  This might resolve this issue.

- First program start up, importing preferences from NB 10 is smooth.  I
notice my fontsize in 11 is way too small, might be nice to add an
option to also import --fontsize from netbeans.conf.

-> You should raise a feature request for this feature here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NETBEANS/issues

- "Alt-Enter" to show hints in the editor didn't work for me in NB10,
and it doesn't work in NB11.  Example: add "implements Runnable" to a
random class, and try to use Alt-Enter to show the menu.  Nothing
happens when I press alt-enter, no pop-up appears. (Clicking on the
light bulb that appears in the left margin does work however.)

->I've not seen this myself, but if you can gather up some steps to
reproduce, and some logs maybe? then I would if I were file a defect:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NETBEANS/issues

Thanks for highlighting the issues you've seen

John

Re: Minor NetBeans 11 issues

Posted by John McDonnell <mc...@gmail.com>.
Hi Brendan

Re: Minor NetBeans 11 issues

Posted by Alex O'Ree <al...@apache.org>.
OK so after testing it (war support), there's are some behavior differences
and oddities, but nothing showing stopping.
The project tree view renders differently than in v8, specifically,
src/main/webapp used to render as "Web Pages". Now it's only under "Other
Sources"/webapp.
The first .jsp page I opened, it asked me to install an Oracle Js parser,
which is odd since it was a jsp page but it has javascript, whatever. At
this point, it still was not recognizing java code.
The second jsp page I opened, it activated something else, which was web
related. All appears to be working now. Awesome!

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 6:47 PM Geertjan Wielenga

Re: Minor NetBeans 11 issues

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Baked in.

Re: Minor NetBeans 11 issues