Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Libo Yu <li...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/12 16:18:09 UTC

a question about hadoop source code repo

Hi,

Under hadoop-mapreduce-project directory, I notice the following two
directories:
 1hadoop-mapreduce-client/
 2src/

2 src/ can be expanded to
      java/org/apache/hadoop/mapreduce

My question is what the directory is for. And I wonder why mapreduce code
is in hadoop-mapreduce-client.  Thanks.

Libo

Re: a question about hadoop source code repo

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Which branch are you looking at ?
In trunk, I see:

$ ls hadoop-mapreduce-project
CHANGES.txt NOTICE.txt conf hadoop-mapreduce-examples target
INSTALL assembly dev-support lib
LICENSE.txt bin hadoop-mapreduce-client pom.xml

$ find hadoop-mapreduce-project -name src
hadoop-mapreduce-project/hadoop-mapreduce-client/hadoop-mapreduce-client-app/src
hadoop-mapreduce-project/hadoop-mapreduce-client/hadoop-mapreduce-client-common/src
hadoop-mapreduce-project/hadoop-mapreduce-client/hadoop-mapreduce-client-core/src
hadoop-mapreduce-project/hadoop-mapreduce-client/hadoop-mapreduce-client-hs/src
hadoop-mapreduce-project/hadoop-mapreduce-client/hadoop-mapreduce-client-hs-plugins/src
hadoop-mapreduce-project/hadoop-mapreduce-client/hadoop-mapreduce-client-jobclient/src
hadoop-mapreduce-project/hadoop-mapreduce-client/hadoop-mapreduce-client-shuffle/src
hadoop-mapreduce-project/hadoop-mapreduce-examples/src

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.