Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Bazooka Joe <fa...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/20 01:25:34 UTC

Any way to bypass authenticated users?

fc4, sendmail, sa 3.0.6, spamass-milter

some clients get mail rejected from my server (which they are using to
send) because sa is checking all mail.  I use smtp auth - Is there any
way to bypass SA if they have been authenticated?

Re: Any way to bypass authenticated users?

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 05:02:28PM -0700, John D. Hardin wrote:
> Q'n'D: look at what a Received: header generated by your box for an
> authenticated client looks like, and write a header rule to match it,
> and score that rule -20 or so.

Even better: set that rule to shortcircuit.

Best: configure your mail system to not call SA for people that you
      don't want scanned (this is not the best place to ask though since it's
      a mail server/milter question).

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
The only time a dog gets complimented is when he doesn't do anything.

RE: Any way to bypass authenticated users?

Posted by Leon Kolchinsky <lk...@univ.haifa.ac.il>.

Check this howto: http://www200.pair.com/mecham/spam/bypassing.html

Re: Any way to bypass authenticated users?

Posted by "John D. Hardin" <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Tue, 19 Jun 2007, Bazooka Joe wrote:

> fc4, sendmail, sa 3.0.6, spamass-milter
>
> some clients get mail rejected from my server (which they are using to
> send) because sa is checking all mail.  I use smtp auth - Is there any
> way to bypass SA if they have been authenticated?

Q'n'D: look at what a Received: header generated by your box for an
authenticated client looks like, and write a header rule to match it,
and score that rule -20 or so.

 An operating system design that requires a system reboot in order to
 install a document viewing utility does not earn my respect.
 15 days until The 231st anniversary of the Declaration of Independence