Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by "Thang H. Lai" <th...@rogers.com> on 2005/04/14 20:10:33 UTC

Jetspeed2: Portal Site Detail

Continuing a thread from jetspeed-user list:
How do we start implementing the Portal Site Manager?

--
Windows 95 (win'doz nin'ti fiv): n.
    32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit

Re: Jetspeed2: Portal Site Detail

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Thang H. Lai wrote:
> Continuing a thread from jetspeed-user list:
> How do we start implementing the Portal Site Manager?

Its already started.
Just continue working on it from there.
Send patches to the list or to me directly.

I think we could start with gathering requirements from anyone
interested. I think a tree view (as it is currently implemented) is
useful since the nature of the PSML folders is a tree. When you click on
an item in the tree, you see the details of either the folder or
document in the left hand side.
The types of nodes:

1. Folder
2. Document
3. Link

For the tree view, we have a CMS viewer over Graffito API and a Graffito
browser for a different type of viewer of CMS content. Randy has been
considering writing a PSML CMS component. In that case we could leverage
  the Graffito portlets. Just an idea. Recommend giving Graffito a test
drive.

Folder Details should have tabs for administering:

* security constraints
* folder properties
* document ordering
* metadata
* document sets
* menus (when supported)

see folder.metadata for details

see http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/bronco.html
for security constraint info

Link Details is pretty straight forward

Page Details should integrate with the customizer so we need to sort out
the overlap there...

Also, we should try to make all admin portlets have the same style.
If we always use the same PLT.C styles in our admin portlets, this
should work. Right now we have admin portlets written in Velocity, JSP,
and JSF.

Finally, there is subsite support....

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software

Re: Jetspeed-1.6 Release

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>.
El sáb, 23-04-2005 a las 11:14 +0200, Raphaël Luta escribió:
> I've downloaded the latest CVS but have not been able to test it so
> far. I'll try to do a short run test this afternoon.
> If the release is not cut this week-end, I should have more time next
> week while in Canada.

No time here. I'm moving house next week, and I have a damned prospects
about time: moving computers, contracting phone/ADSL, gas, etc. And then
moving the whole setup here and mounting it again there.

So I guess I will not be very responsive during the coming week and it
will be even worse after, as I will probably not have a working internet
connection at home/office for a week, so I'll only read email in the
University and friend's houses. (This if my servers are parked somewhere
during the off-period, if not I'll get unsubscribed because I'll be
bouncing email). If everything goes awful, santiago.gala@gmail.com will
be my only working address.

Regards
--
Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
High Sierra Technology, SLU

Re: Jetspeed-1.6 Release

Posted by Raphaël Luta <ra...@apache.org>.
Le 23 avr. 05, à 00:49, David Sean Taylor a écrit :

> Santiago Gala wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes, ready to test now.
>>> Still need to write a little more Fusion documentation though.

>>> Lets test for a few days, then cut the release when everyone is ready
>>>
>> A global +1. The move to subversion of j1 could interfere with the
>> release, but I'd rather have it done *before* the release. If you're
>> planning a few days testing, it could be better done before, while
>> testing than to have the migration just after, in case the release is
>> broken.
>> Problems with this? If there are problems we can migrate J2 first and
>> leave J1 migration for after the release gets "stabilised".
>> Regards
>
> Has anyone been testing 1.6 ?
> Im going to have time tomorrow (apr 23) to try to build a release,
> assuming there were no issues found during testing this week

I've downloaded the latest CVS but have not been able to test it so
far. I'll try to do a short run test this afternoon.
If the release is not cut this week-end, I should have more time next
week while in Canada.

--
Raphaël Luta - raphael@apache.org
Apache Jetspeed - Enterprise Portal in Java

Re: Jetspeed-1.6 Release

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

Re: Jetspeed-1.6 Release

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>.

Re: Jetspeed-1.6 Release

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

Re: Jetspeed-1.6 Release

Posted by Raphaël Luta <ra...@apache.org>.
David Sean Taylor wrote:
> Raphaël Luta wrote:
>
>> David Sean Taylor wrote:

>>> done

> tomorrow, hopefully...

Do you want us to test Fusion from CVS and test a pre-build binary ?

> done

I'll have some free cycles tomorow evening to review documentation and
possibly fix some small issues as I find them.

>>> I'd like to propose deleting:
>>>
>>> 1. the entire build directory
>>>

>> -0. I don't how many people use maven vs ant to build jetspeed 1 so
>> this  may have a huge impact on our current user base. I think we
>> should ask
>> on the user mailing-list before doing something like this.
>>
> It doesn't build anymore, try it
> Someone needs to step and fix it (doubtful)
>
> I don't see the point in keeping it around if no one uses it
> You can type
>
> maven ant
>
> to generate an ant build anyway

I'm using maven too since J2 requires it :)
If it doesn't build any more I'm +1 to remove it unless someone steps in
and wants to fix it. Better to ship no alternate build method than a
broken one.

Re: Jetspeed-1.6 Release

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Raphaël Luta wrote:
> David Sean Taylor wrote:
>
>> David Sean Taylor wrote:
>>
>>> I still have a few outstanding features for the 1.6 release:
>>> - build db specific torque jars
>>

>> done
>>
>>> - fusion testing

tomorrow, hopefully...

>>> - cleanup tutorial

done

>> I'd like to propose deleting:
>>
>> 1. the entire build directory
>>

> -0. I don't how many people use maven vs ant to build jetspeed 1 so this
>  may have a huge impact on our current user base. I think we should ask
> on the user mailing-list before doing something like this.

It doesn't build anymore, try it
Someone needs to step and fix it (doubtful)

I don't see the point in keeping it around if no one uses it
You can type

maven ant

to generate an ant build anyway

>> 2. scratchpad/cms
>>    Graffito now exists in incubator, we don't need this here any more
>>

> +1

ok, anyone else need this?

Re: Jetspeed-1.6 Release

Posted by Raphaël Luta <ra...@apache.org>.