Posted to user@vcl.apache.org by Craig Jeffrey <Cr...@cmc.ca> on 2014/01/14 14:40:45 UTC

VCL - Best Remote Display for Linux for WAN

Hi

Any comments on the best (fastest & reliable) remote display for VCL Linux images.

We are testing VCL with Cadence (2D CAD application) and have being testing a couple of systems (FreeNX, X2Go, FastX, NoMachine, xRDP) but are interested in others experiences or suggestions.

Thanks Craig

Re: VCL - Best Remote Display for Linux for WAN

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.

RE: VCL - Best Remote Display for Linux for WAN

Posted by Dmitri Chebotarov <dc...@gmu.edu>.
Hi Craig,

Have you tried Spice client? The Spice available as a browser plug-in. I'm reading it has 'near' desktop performance on up to 4 local monitors. I only briefly looked at Spice, it's working OK on Linux client, but I haven't tried it on Mac or Windows.

Thanks.