Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie> on 2019/01/21 16:58:14 UTC

Navigator query

Can anyone tell me if, in the AOO code, there is a module for Navigator?  If so, which module is it?

My thinking is that Navigator could do with some additions, such as ability to display the word count for Chapters (helpful for an author to tweak his chapter lengths to be roughly the same), and the ability to display only comments from one author - so that, for example, a student might see only his tutor's comments as he incorporated their advice into his text.

If there is a Navigator module, I would look at the source code to try to implement the above, otherwise I'm thinking of an extension to show this information, whether integrated into Navigator or in a stand-alone panel.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Navigator query

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Mon, 21 Jan 2019 19:40:24 +0200
Damjan Jovanovic <da...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Here's how I found it:
>
> View -> Navigator to open the window.
>
> Look for the most complex unique text there, eg. "Heading Levels Shown" in
> a tooltip.
>
> Go to https://opengrok.libreoffice.org and search for "Heading Levels
> Shown" under full-text search.
>
> It finds 2 matches:
> core/sw/uiconfig/swriter/ui/navigatorpanel.ui
> core/officecfg/registry/schema/org/openoffice/Office/Writer.xcs
>
> It's almost certainly the former.
>
> Do we have that file in our tree? No. But let's search for that text in our
> code in the same module (sw):
> main/sw]$ grep 'Heading Levels Shown' * -R
> source/ui/utlui/navipi.src:                Text [ en-US ] = "Heading Levels
> Shown" ;
>
> So it's in main/sw/source/ui/utlui/navipi.src
> Sadly main/sw is one of our biggest modules :-/.

Thank you - I now know where to look when I get to this.

Rory

Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Navigator query

Posted by Damjan Jovanovic <da...@apache.org>.