Posted to user@struts.apache.org by robinbajaj <ro...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/25 22:30:22 UTC

Re: tabs (struts + tiles) How to do it ??

This thread is very relevant to me since I am currently trying to use
JSPtabcontrol taglib and evaluating Struts-menu as well.

====(JSPtabcontrol) =====
Its working fine for me, except that I cannot change the tab look easily.
For eg. If I have 8 tabs,
(all of different size) then I have to create 8 different gifs (of proper
size and label) and put them
in the background of tab using css "background-image" property which is a
maintenance burden (since those tabs labels could change during the dev
phase of the project).

b) also there does not seem to be any support (at the taglib level) for
events like hover etc. to change the tab look when you click the tab or
hover mouse over it.

Do you know if there's some way around that.. ??

====(Struts-Menu) =====

Similar question for Wendy Smoak (kindly answer please..!) about the
Struts-Menu project.
Can i easily change the look of my tabs ( I want to show nice gifs for the
tabs and sub-tabs).

Any help/pointers would be highly appreciated since I am really tired of
finding some good nested (horizontal) tabs solution for my struts 1.x
project.

robin

Posted by Angelo zerr <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi robin

tabs of JSPTabcontrol is customized with css. To customize it
you must undersand HTML generated (see
http://jsptabcontrol.sourceforge.net/developer-guide.html) and know css.
What is your problem with css?

Regards Angelo