Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by McGowan Bonnie <bo...@birdsofafeather.com> on 2016/02/19 21:28:56 UTC

Open Office issue

I’m not able to update Open Office.  I’m also not able to open an attachment I received from a friend in her e-mail.  It brings up an Open Office error message and says the document will be recovered, but it doesn’t recover the document.

Please advise.

Thanks, Bonnie

Bonnie J. McGowan

505.757.2901

Re: Open Office issue

Posted by jd1008 <jd...@gmail.com>.
Download it yourself:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/4.1.2/binaries/en-US/Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.2_Linux_x86-64_install-rpm_en-US.tar.gz/download
and the language pack:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/4.1.2/binaries/en-US/Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.2_Linux_x86-64_langpack-rpm_en-US.tar.gz/download

Re: Open Office issue

Posted by Steve Ahlers <sa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Bonnie,

In order for the Users Group to help you better it's helpful to know what Operating System (OS) you are using.  Here are some general suggestions to help you get started.

1.  First make sure all Open Office programs are shut down, how you do that depends on your OS.

2.  Go to:  http://www.openoffice.org/download/ click the Download button.  This will redirect to a mirror site, Source Forge, the download will start in a few seconds, DO NOT CLICK ON ANY OTHER BUTTONS as this will possibly download malware.  After the download is complete follow the process for your OS to load the software onto your computer.

3.  Your second issue is usually due to a problem with your user profile on your computer.  It will need to be deleted, how you do that depends on your OS.

Please respond to the users group so that others will be able to help you.

Steve
Sent from my iPad

Re: Open Office issue

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Fri, 19 Feb 2016 14:24:34 -0700
jd1008 <jd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If she is not subscribed, how did her message appear on this list?

Messages from unsubscribed persons are moderated and then passed to the list.

RoryOF

Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Open Office issue

Posted by jd1008 <jd...@gmail.com>.

Re: Open Office issue

Posted by Larry Gusaas <la...@gmail.com>.
On 2016-02-19, 3:24 PM jd1008 wrote:
> If she is not subscribed, how did her message appear on this list?
This list allows posts without having to subscribe to the list. All such posts go through the
moderator for approval before being sent to the list. Unsubscribed posters won't see replies to
their posts unless the replier cc's them.

--
_________________________________

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada