Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by "Hesham G." <he...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/23 13:13:39 UTC

Using external font file to write text

Hello ,

I have sent this question 2 weeks before, and I didn't get any answer for it yet. It is about using an External font to write some text in a PDF file.
The text is being drawn perfect, then I open the PDF file using Adobe Acrobat, but when I make a selection for the drawn text with the mouse, the text being highlighted is not all highlighted but only some part of it. It seems there's something wrong detecting the font height.

You can check a sample for text written with an external font and has this problem here :
http://www.4shared.com/file/192188394/a13fcfd3/test-highlight.html
Open the PDF file and select the text inside it ... You will see what I mean.

I hope someone can help me with this.

Best regards ,
Hesham