Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/07 06:57:47 UTC

Jewel TextInput with StringValidator issue

Hi Carlos,

I bump today into issue where having following code [1] and writing
anything in the TextInput is being wipe out. [2] It causes by that method
where you are forcing some text length even if maxLength is 0 [3] - Do you
see any issue if we prevent from executing that logic when maxLenght is 0 ?

[1] https://paste.apache.org/2q5H
[2] https://gph.is/g/4M07AWZ
[3]
https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/blob/2e91b52be7884ff7da91411ec5119e3b0e887f90/frameworks/projects/Jewel/src/main/royale/org/apache/royale/jewel/beads/validators/StringValidator.as#L121

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: Jewel TextInput with StringValidator issue

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Grat Piotr! :)

El vie., 8 mar. 2019 a las 9:11, Piotr Zarzycki (<pi...@gmail.com>)
escribió:

> I just tried it in our app and it's working :) Thanks Carlos!
>
> czw., 7 mar 2019 o 16:31 Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>
> napisał(a):
>
> > Exactly. Cool thanks for solving it. I will test that tomorrow.
> >
> > czw., 7 mar 2019 o 16:27 Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>
> > napisał(a):
> >
> >> Hi Piotr,
> >>
> >> just solved it. The problem was caused by a addEventListener that needs
> >> be removeEventListener, but due to quick copy/paste I left as
> original...
> >>
> >> In the other hand I limite that code only to Android
> >>

> >> El jue., 7 mar. 2019 a las 15:52, Carlos Rovira (<
> carlosrovira@apache.org

> please

> >> same.

> https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/blob/2e91b52be7884ff7da91411ec5119e3b0e887f90/frameworks/projects/Jewel/src/main/royale/org/apache/royale/jewel/beads/validators/StringValidator.as#L167

> >> Android
> >> yesterday
> >> Android

> >> that
> >> [3]

> https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/blob/2e91b52be7884ff7da91411ec5119e3b0e887f90/frameworks/projects/Jewel/src/main/royale/org/apache/royale/jewel/beads/validators/StringValidator.as#L121

> >> --
> >> Carlos Rovira
> >> http://about.me/carlosrovira
> >>

> > --
> >
> > Piotr Zarzycki
> >
> > Patreon: *https://www.patreon.com/piotrzarzycki
> > <https://www.patreon.com/piotrzarzycki>*
> >

> --
>
> Piotr Zarzycki

Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Jewel TextInput with StringValidator issue

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Piotr,

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Jewel TextInput with StringValidator issue

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
ok Piotr,

El jue., 7 mar. 2019 a las 15:49, Piotr Zarzycki (<pi...@gmail.com>)
escribió:

> Hi Carlos,
>
> Nope. I can work on that tomorrow, so if you can do this earlier please
> make it so.
>
> Thanks,
> Piotr
>
> czw., 7 mar 2019 o 15:41 Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>
> napisał(a):
>
> > Hi Piotr,
> >
> > have you tried your solution?  I think is a mix of both:
> >
> > a) we don't need this update if device is not Android, so we need to put
> > solution for maxlength *nly* for that device
> > b) we need to solve the issue you discover, I tried and find the same.
> >
> > So my question is, did you try your solution to solve b) ?
> > I 'll work right now in solve both issues, so please let me know
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > El jue., 7 mar. 2019 a las 11:17, Piotr Zarzycki (<
> > piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com>)
> > escribió:
> >
> > > I need to think about that, but I just discovered that you are actually
> > > checking in whether maxLength is greater than zero, but you are
> > registering
> > > event instead removing i. [1]
> > >
> > > Maybe it should be remove in this place ?
> > >
> > > [1]
> > >

> https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/blob/2e91b52be7884ff7da91411ec5119e3b0e887f90/frameworks/projects/Jewel/src/main/royale/org/apache/royale/jewel/beads/validators/StringValidator.as#L167
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Piotr
> > >
> > > czw., 7 mar 2019 o 10:53 Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>

> > (that
> > set
> > the

> > > method
> > Do
> maxLenght
> > is

> https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/blob/2e91b52be7884ff7da91411ec5119e3b0e887f90/frameworks/projects/Jewel/src/main/royale/org/apache/royale/jewel/beads/validators/StringValidator.as#L121

> > > --
> > >
> > > Piotr Zarzycki
> > >
> > > Patreon: *https://www.patreon.com/piotrzarzycki
> > > <https://www.patreon.com/piotrzarzycki>*
> > >

> > --
> > Carlos Rovira
> > http://about.me/carlosrovira
> >

> --
>
> Piotr Zarzycki

Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Jewel TextInput with StringValidator issue

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Carlos,

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Piotr,

El jue., 7 mar. 2019 a las 11:17, Piotr Zarzycki (<pi...@gmail.com>)
escribió:

> I need to think about that, but I just discovered that you are actually
> checking in whether maxLength is greater than zero, but you are registering
> event instead removing i. [1]
>
> Maybe it should be remove in this place ?
>
> [1]
>
> https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/blob/2e91b52be7884ff7da91411ec5119e3b0e887f90/frameworks/projects/Jewel/src/main/royale/org/apache/royale/jewel/beads/validators/StringValidator.as#L167
>
> Thanks,
> Piotr
>
> czw., 7 mar 2019 o 10:53 Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>
> napisał(a):
>
> > Hi Piotr,
> >
> > since that modification was set only to solve maxlength on Android (that
> > doesn't work as in the rest of browsers), I was thinking yesterday on set
> > up the keyup listener in that code only if OSUtils reports Android as the
> > OS. What do you think?
> >
> > El jue., 7 mar. 2019 a las 8:04, Piotr Zarzycki (<
> > piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com>)
> > escribió:
> >
> > > Hi Carlos,
> > >
> > > I bump today into issue where having following code [1] and writing
> > > anything in the TextInput is being wipe out. [2] It causes by that
> method
> > > where you are forcing some text length even if maxLength is 0 [3] - Do
> > you
> > > see any issue if we prevent from executing that logic when maxLenght is
> > 0 ?
> > >
> > > [1] https://paste.apache.org/2q5H
> > > [2] https://gph.is/g/4M07AWZ
> > > [3]
> > >

> https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/blob/2e91b52be7884ff7da91411ec5119e3b0e887f90/frameworks/projects/Jewel/src/main/royale/org/apache/royale/jewel/beads/validators/StringValidator.as#L121
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > --
> > >
> > > Piotr Zarzycki
> > >
> > > Patreon: *https://www.patreon.com/piotrzarzycki
> > > <https://www.patreon.com/piotrzarzycki>*
> > >

> > --
> > Carlos Rovira
> > http://about.me/carlosrovira
> >

> --
>
> Piotr Zarzycki

Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Jewel TextInput with StringValidator issue

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Piotr,

El jue., 7 mar. 2019 a las 8:04, Piotr Zarzycki (<pi...@gmail.com>)
escribió:

> Hi Carlos,
>
> I bump today into issue where having following code [1] and writing
> anything in the TextInput is being wipe out. [2] It causes by that method
> where you are forcing some text length even if maxLength is 0 [3] - Do you
> see any issue if we prevent from executing that logic when maxLenght is 0 ?
>
> [1] https://paste.apache.org/2q5H
> [2] https://gph.is/g/4M07AWZ
> [3]
>
> https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/blob/2e91b52be7884ff7da91411ec5119e3b0e887f90/frameworks/projects/Jewel/src/main/royale/org/apache/royale/jewel/beads/validators/StringValidator.as#L121