Posted to dev@shardingsphere.apache.org by Juan Pan <pa...@apache.org> on 2019/10/31 02:20:27 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache ShardingSphere (Incubating) 4.0.0-RC3

Hello ShardingSphere Community,

This is a call for vote to release Apache ShardingSphere (Incubating) version 4.0.0-RC3

Release notes:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere/blob/dev/RELEASE-NOTES.md

The release candidates:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/shardingsphere/4.0.0-RC3/

Maven 2 staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheshardingsphere-1023/org/apache/shardingsphere/

Git tag for the release:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere/tree/4.0.0-RC3/

Release Commit ID:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere/commit/6885dcfc281eec7691636875e298287a0147f176

Keys to verify the Release Candidate:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/shardingsphere/KEYS

Look at here for how to verify this release candidate:
https://shardingsphere.apache.org/community/en/contribute/release/

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until necessary number of votes are reached.

Please vote accordingly:

[ ] +1 approve

[ ] +0 no opinion

[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Checklist for reference:

[ ] Download links are valid.

[ ] Checksums and PGP signatures are valid.

[ ] DISCLAIMER is included.

[ ] Source code artifacts have correct names matching the current release.

[ ] LICENSE and NOTICE files are correct for each ShardingSphere repo.

[ ] All files have license headers if necessary.

[ ] No compiled archives bundled in source archive.

Best wishes,
Trista

 Juan Pan

panjuan@apache.org
Juan Pan(Trista), Apache ShardingSphere

回复: [VOTE] Release Apache ShardingSphere (Incubating) 4.0.0-RC3

Posted by 董。 <59...@qq.com>.
Hi Liang Zhang,

I am sorry, I will pay attention to it next time and become a&nbsp;eligible voter.

Posted by Juan Pan <pa...@apache.org>.
Hi Liang,

Thanks for your kind reminders. What you mentioned has been fixed already, and IMP other mentors and PPMCs can continue to go through checklist and cast your vote. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Trista

 Juan Pan

panjuan@apache.org
Juan Pan(Trista), Apache ShardingSphere

On 10/31/2019 11:16,zhangliang@apache.org<zh...@apache.org> wrote:
-1. The release's signature validation is fail, and please make sure the
public KEYS has already import to [1].
Because of problem of signature validation, the status of close the maven
release is failed.
We need to release it again.

[1] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/shardingsphere/KEYS
------------------

Liang Zhang (John)
Apache ShardingSphere & Dubbo

zhangliang@apache.org <zh...@apache.org> 于2019年10月31日周四 上午11:05写道:

Hi Zonglei Dong,

You can not only reply+1.
Before vote, please make sure you check all checklist and check on the
item you checked.

------------------

Liang Zhang (John)
Apache ShardingSphere & Dubbo

董。 <59...@qq.com> 于2019年10月31日周四 上午10:55写道:

Look forward to ShardingSphere 4.0.0-RC3's release !

+1

Best wishes,
Zonglei Dong

Posted by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org>.

Posted by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org>.
Hi Zonglei Dong,

Posted by Juan Pan <pa...@apache.org>.
Hi Sheng,

Thanks for your sound advices. I will review the problems you mentioned.

 Juan Pan

panjuan@apache.org
Juan Pan(Trista), Apache ShardingSphere
On 10/31/2019 19:17, Sheng Wu wrote:
One addition question,
Why our changelog[1] so simple? The answer must be NO, and big NO. From the
GitHub release page[2], 499 commit difference between current and last
release, but get just 5 lines of the update?
I think that is not the purpose of the release changelog.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere/blob/dev/RELEASE-NOTES.md
[2] https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere/releases

Sheng Wu 吴晟

Apache SkyWalking
Apache Incubator
Apache ShardingSphere, ECharts, DolphinScheduler podlings
Zipkin
Twitter, wusheng1108

Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com> 于2019年10月31日周四 下午4:41写道:

Posted by Juan Pan <pa...@apache.org>.
Hi Liang,

I am appreciated your prompt issue fix.

It seems building and signing the source code package have to be done one more time, so i am sorry to inform other mentors and PPMCs that this release vote is suspended, after all problem solved, i will start a new round of release vote called ROUND 2.

Sorry for the inconvenience, please wait for Release vote round 2.

Best wishes,
Trista

 Juan Pan

panjuan@apache.org
Juan Pan(Trista), Apache ShardingSphere
On 10/31/2019 23:02, zhangliang@apache.org wrote:
Release notes issue and source release issue have fixed at
https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere/pull/3428

After merge, we can release for round 2.

Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com> 于2019年10月31日周四 下午7:17写道:

Posted by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
One addition question,