Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Jae Joo <ja...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/07 16:36:27 UTC

hbase query question

I would like to get the resultset from hbase table 't1' and row
'001000000023'. It does have "c1" column family and multiple qualifiers.
Ex. c1:123, c1:345, .... etc.

Is there any way to get the ALL data regardless the timestamp?
Ex.
c1:123 today "test123"
c1:123 yesterday "test123"

And I am looking for the way to get the count of each column family and
qualifier.
For the above example, "c1:123" has 2 values.

Thanks,

Jae Joo

Re: hbase query question

Posted by Vaibhav Puranik <vp...@gmail.com>.
If you want to get all the versions - there is a method in HTable with the
following signature:
  Cell<http://hadoop.apache.org/hbase/docs/r0.19.0/api/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/io/Cell.html>
[] *get<http://hadoop.apache.org/hbase/docs/r0.19.0/api/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/HTable.html#get%28java.lang.String,%20java.lang.String,%20int%29>
*(String<http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/lang/String.html?is-external=true>
row,
String<http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/lang/String.html?is-external=true>
column,
int numVersions)
          Get a single value for the specified row and column

You can specify a 3 as number of versions (it keeps three versions by
default) or I think if you specify -1, you will get all of them. I am not
sure about this, you can find out by experimenting.

Regards,
Vaibhav