Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org> on 2014/04/15 21:54:10 UTC

Google Team's short-term roadmap

Each quarter we write up our goals for the next three months. Figured
I'd share these with the broader team :)

- cordova-android /w CrossWalk   ---- iclelland
 - Working demo
 - Solidify Plugin API boundary
 - Enumerate loose ends (multi-apk generation, etc)

- Chrome ADT (cordova-app-harness)    --- drkemp
 - Able to build an .apk
 - LiveReload
 - Blog post worthy

- Better Unit Testing  --- mmocny, maxw
 - Move all plugin-specific tests into plugin repos
 - Tooling to easily create a mobile-spec project based on list of plugins

- Intents --- maxw
 - Android should fire intents
 - iOS & Android should handle intents

- Figure out if ServiceWorker is a workable model for Cordova --- agrieve
 - See if Android WebView works in a Service
 - Evaluate list of SW APIs

- CLI Tools  --- kamrik & braden
 - Improve code maintainability
 - Better handling of plugin versions
 - platforms via npm
 - All fetches via "npm cache add"
 - Support for Icons & Splashscreens
 - Support for versionCode, bundleVersion

- Independent Platform Releases  --- agrieve

- Plugins  ---maxw
  - org.chromium.gcm
  - org.chromium.identity (v2)
  - Bugfixing

- Unbundle cca plugins from cca's npm package

Re: Google Team's short-term roadmap

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.
ServiceWorker would be rad but geez I wish there was a better name.