Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by umarul Farooq <am...@suntecgroup.com> on 2013/04/30 08:06:35 UTC

CXF Rest service does not do the input date validation

Hi All,

I developed a Rest service using Cxf 2.7.3 api.

I have used a bean class which contains a property called openDate and its
data type is java.sql.Timestamp and i provide the TimestampAdaptor for the
same.

When rest client gives the invalid date, it is not throwing the exception
rathen it is assigning the null reference in the openDate property.

Could you please let me know how to ebable the invalid date validation in
the service.

Thanks & Regards
Umar.

Re: CXF Rest service does not do the input date validation

Posted by umarul Farooq <am...@suntecgroup.com>.
Thank you very much Sergey Beryozkin, After specified schema validation, now
its is validating.

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi
On 30/04/13 07:06, umarul Farooq wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I developed a Rest service using Cxf 2.7.3 api.
>
> I have used a bean class which contains a property called openDate and its
> data type is java.sql.Timestamp and i provide the TimestampAdaptor for the
> same.
>
> When rest client gives the invalid date, it is not throwing the exception
> rathen it is assigning the null reference in the openDate property.
>
> Could you please let me know how to ebable the invalid date validation in
> the service.

Is that bean a JAXB bean ? If yes then try to enable a schema validation:
http://cxf.apache.org/docs/jax-rs-data-bindings.html#JAX-RSDataBindings-Schemavalidation

Cheers, Sergey
> Thanks&  Regards
> Umar.