Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by Quanlong Huang <hu...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/26 03:23:53 UTC

FE Compilation Error in KuduCatalogOpExecutor.java

Hi all,

I just noticed the following compilation error when rebasing to the current
master branch:

[ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR]
/home/quanlong/workspace/Impala/fe/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/service/KuduCatalogOpExecutor.java:[554,22]
cannot find symbol
  symbol:   method setOwner(java.lang.String)
  location: variable alterTableOptions of type
org.apache.kudu.client.AlterTableOptions

I resolved it by removing the kudu-java snapshot version in my local maven
cache, i.e.

rm -rf ~/.m2/repository/org/apache/kudu/kudu-client/1.13.0-SNAPSHOT/

I think the reason is we are depending on a snapshot version of kudu java
client. Kudu 1.13.0-SNAPSHOT adds support for ownership, and we recently
use the new API in IMPALA-9990.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Quanlong

Re: FE Compilation Error in KuduCatalogOpExecutor.java

Posted by Tim Armstrong <ta...@cloudera.com>.
Thanks for sharing this. I think your explanation makes sense - SNAPSHOT
jars are really a disaster for build stability and reproducibility.