Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Khalid Huseynov <kh...@apache.org> on 2017/05/04 08:30:03 UTC

Re: Getting 401 With secure websockets on AWS

Hi Michael,

Which version of Zeppelin are you using?

Posted by "Knapp, Michael" <Mi...@capitalone.com>.
I have upgraded to Zeppelin 0.7.2, but the issue remains.

On AWS, Zeppelin is not working because the websocket consistently gets a 401 status.

Has anybody else encountered this problem?  Could there be a mistake in how websockets are being formed?  Perhaps they are missing some essential headers.

Michael Knapp

From: "Knapp, Michael" <Mi...@capitalone.com>
Date: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 at 3:25 PM
To: "users@zeppelin.apache.org" <us...@zeppelin.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Getting 401 With secure websockets on AWS

Sorry it took me a while to respond, I got side-tracked.  This is still a major problem for me.

I am using Zeppelin 0.7.0, I can try upgrading.

Other factors:

·         We are using proxies

·         This is running in docker and kubernetes now, but in the original email it was installed directly on an ec2.

From: Khalid Huseynov <kh...@apache.org>
Date: Thursday, May 4, 2017 at 4:30 AM
To: "users@zeppelin.apache.org" <us...@zeppelin.apache.org>

I have a security group setup, it allows inbound TCP traffic over port 443 from all sources (0.0.0.0/0<http://0.0.0.0/0>).  I believe that alone should have been adequate.

I set JAVA_OPTS=’-Djavax.net.debug=all’ and watched the standard output.  Every time the websockets attempt to connect, I see these printed to standard out:

qtp1622006612-39, called closeInbound()
qtp1622006612-39, fatal error: 80: Inbound closed before receiving peer's close_notify: possible truncation attack?
javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Inbound closed before receiving peer's close_notify: possible truncation attack?

Re: Getting 401 With secure websockets on AWS