Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Giorgio Zoppi <gi...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/28 08:11:50 UTC

Re: GSoC Project: Upgrade Fineract 1.x from Java 8 to Java 11

Hello Vinayak ,
the pain point are dependencies and gradle. You should be sure that gradle
is 5.0.
Ideally a good port to Java 11, will use some interesting features like
modules (here you have to think), use of var (copied from C#), the new HTTP
Client, and doing some tests with the new Garbage Collection algorithms
introduced from JDK 9/10.
Best Regards,
Giorgio

Re: GSoC Project: Upgrade Fineract 1.x from Java 8 to Java 11

Posted by Saransh Sharma <sa...@muellners.com>.
Let's start with a step where we can introduce this as a part of next
release?

Posted by Awasum Yannick <aw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Saransh Sharma <sa...@muellners.com>.

Posted by Awasum Yannick <aw...@apache.org>.