Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ludwig Magnusson <lu...@itcatapult.com> on 2010/12/22 12:28:10 UTC

Deploying to the right folder

Hello!

I have a machine running ubuntu server and on that machine I have installed
nexus.

I have problem deploying my artifacts to the correct folder using mvn
deploy. If I have an artifact in the package com.mycompany, maven tries to
place it in the folder /com/mycompany i.e. the very root of my file system.

I have created a nexus user on my linux machine to use for the ssh login. I
have tried setting that users homer dir to the right one but it doesn't
work.

The only thing that produces the right result is if I put the full file
system path in the repository section but that can't correct, can it?

<distributionManagement>

  <repository>

    <id>nexus</id>

    <name>Our nexus repository</name>

    <url>scp://ournexushost.com/full/linux/path/to/repository/root</url>

  </repository>

</distributionManagement>

If I use a browser and enter the address
ournexushost.com/content/repositories/releases/ I end up in the right
folder. Is there any way I can give the same address to maven?

I am using maven 3.0 with wagon ssh 1.0-beta-6

/Ludwig

RE: Deploying to the right folder

Posted by Ludwig Magnusson <lu...@itcatapult.com>.
Ok thanks.

Works now =)

You should use http, not scp. As it is now, you're not deploying to Nexus
but the the file system which is your problem.
Other that the artifacts are put in the wrong place, Nexus has no idea of
the deploys so that metadata, indexes, etc. isn't updated.t

/Anders

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 12:28, Ludwig Magnusson
<lu...@itcatapult.com>wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I have a machine running ubuntu server and on that machine I have
installed
> nexus.
>
> I have problem deploying my artifacts to the correct folder using mvn
> deploy. If I have an artifact in the package com.mycompany, maven tries to
> place it in the folder /com/mycompany i.e. the very root of my file
system.

> I have created a nexus user on my linux machine to use for the ssh login.
> have tried setting that users homer dir to the right one but it doesn't
> work.
>

> The only thing that produces the right result is if I put the full file
> system path in the repository section but that can't correct, can it?
>
> <distributionManagement>
>
>  <repository>
>
>    <id>nexus</id>
>
>    <name>Our nexus repository</name>
>
>    <url>scp://ournexushost.com/full/linux/path/to/repository/root</url>
>
>  </repository>
>
> </distributionManagement>
>

> If I use a browser and enter the address
> ournexushost.com/content/repositories/releases/ I end up in the right
> folder. Is there any way I can give the same address to maven?
>

> I am using maven 3.0 with wagon ssh 1.0-beta-6
>

> /Ludwig

  _____

No virus found in this message.

Re: Deploying to the right folder