Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Stefan Sels <se...@zadi.de> on 2005/06/01 09:49:41 UTC

SuSE RPM

Hi,

i wan't to create (or use.. ;) svn on SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 9. I
searched this mailinglist archive and did not found any recent (2005)
posts for SuSE RPMs.

If there is no maintainer at the moment I would use the existing spec
files for RedHat and try to get it working.

Important for this is if I can use the SuSE APR RPM (which is version
libapr0, version 2.0.49) or if I need to create an special APR rpm for
this purpose? I saw some the ./apr dir and patches which indicate that a
modified APR is needed.

Stefan Sels

ZADI - Zentralstelle für
Agrardokumentation und -information
IT-Systemverwalter
Villichgasse 17, 53177 Bonn, Germany
E-Mail: sels@zadi.de, Internet: http://www.zadi.de

Re: SuSE RPM

Posted by Marcus Rueckert <da...@web.de>.
On 2005-06-01 13:15:31 +0200, Marcus Rueckert wrote:
> there are suse rpms for recent versions.
> http://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/apache/subversion/

i forgot to mention you can of course take that src rpm and remove the
requirement on libapr0_from_ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/apache/apache2/
and rebuild the rpm on your box.

darix

Re: SuSE RPM

Posted by Marcus Rueckert <da...@web.de>.
On 2005-06-01 11:49:41 +0200, Stefan Sels wrote:
> i wan't to create (or use.. ;) svn on SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 9. I
> searched this mailinglist archive and did not found any recent (2005)
> posts for SuSE RPMs.
>
> If there is no maintainer at the moment I would use the existing spec
> files for RedHat and try to get it working.
>
> Important for this is if I can use the SuSE APR RPM (which is version
> libapr0, version 2.0.49) or if I need to create an special APR rpm for
> this purpose? I saw some the ./apr dir and patches which indicate that a
> modified APR is needed.

there are suse rpms for recent versions.
http://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/apache/subversion/

but you have to use the apr/apache packages from
http://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/apache/

with them.

i use those rpms my self on my servers. (SuSE Pro based)

hope this helps.

darix