Posted to dev@streampipes.apache.org by Dominik Riemer <ri...@apache.org> on 2020/01/21 20:49:04 UTC

Re: AW: Improving the Live Dashboard

Hi all,

following up on this, to give you a quick status:
The good news is, I've started to implement the new dashboard.
The old dashboard will be completely refactored and upgraded to an Angular 2+ module, and there will be some nice new features that I mentioned in the corresponding Jira ticket.
So the not-so-good news is that it'll probably take some time as it seems to be a ton of work ;-)

I hope to have a first prototype working by the end of the month.

So if you have any new ideas what to include/improve, I'll be happy to know!

Dominik

Posted by Philipp Zehnder <ze...@apache.org>.
Hi,

the new dashboard looks really cool and the new features are also very helpful. Regarding the number of widgets I am sure we will soon have more on the new dashboard than on the old one, since it is really simple to create new ones.

I am currently working on the integration of images into the data explorer stored with the data lake sink as described in STREAMPIPES-75.
During the development the question came up how we structure our core modules in the UI.
There are currently multiple directories containing shared components and services.

I actually like that we prefix those modules with “core” and I would suggest to move the data model from connect to the module core-model since it is used in multiple other modules.
Further I will move the components in core-ui into the data-explorer since we have a different widget concept for the new dashboard and cannot re-use them.

What are other components we can put into the core-ui directory? (Buttons, …)

Philipp