Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de> on 2000/06/19 17:55:51 UTC

Stack overflow on Solaris

Hi folks,

I have a fairly strange bug, which only occurs under Solaris (JDK
1.2.1_04). My development machine (Linux with JDK 1.2.2) does not have
this problem. Xalan is 1.0.1 in both cases and Xerces is 1.0.3.

Basically, if I pass a very long string (about 140+ characters) into a
recursive template as a parameter, I get a stack overflow. If I shorten
the string by a few characters, the stack overflow does not occur and
the page is rendered fine.

I have attached two sample files illustrating the problem, they run with
a standard cocoon installation, but should also work with xalan from the
command line.

I am trying to get approval to install JDK1.2.2 on the Solaris machine,
but that is our production server, so I have to prove a desperate need
:)

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring