Posted to user@struts.apache.org by vikrant S <sh...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/25 07:45:22 UTC

no Action mapped for namespace / and action name doLogin.

Hi All,
I am working in application using struts-EJB-hibernate But when I am running
the this login application it is not  able to find the action class. The
Error Which I am getting is as follows:-

There is no Action mapped for namespace / and action name doLogin. -
[unknown location]
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionProxy.prepare(DefaultActionProxy.java:177)
	at
org.apache.struts2.impl.StrutsActionProxy.prepare(StrutsActionProxy.java:61)
	at
org.apache.struts2.impl.StrutsActionProxyFactory.createActionProxy(StrutsActionProxyFactory.java:39)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionProxyFactory.createActionProxy(DefaultActionProxyFactory.java:47)
	at
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.serviceAction(Dispatcher.java:458)
	at
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ng.ExecuteOperations.executeAction(ExecuteOperations.java:77)
	at
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ng.filter.StrutsPrepareAndExecuteFilter.doFilter(StrutsPrepareAndExecuteFilter.java:76)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
	at
	at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
	at
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:235)
	at
	at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:190)
	at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:92)
	at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.process(SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.java:126)
	at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.invoke(SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.java:70)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
	at
	at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedConnectionValve.java:158)
	at
	at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:330)
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:829)
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:601)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

My jsp page contains an action "doLogin" and I am using struts 2.4

Re: Any Struts + mysql example ?

Posted by Saeed Iqbal <sa...@gmail.com>.
Martin: I am not sure of the correct terminology. My being a non native
English speaker has cost me jobs already :(

--
Saeed Iqbal
Independant Consultant (Freelance)

RE: Any Struts + mysql example ?

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

Re: Any Struts + mysql example ?

Posted by "A. Lotfi" <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Saeed,
would like please send it to me or give me a link to it.

thanks

Re: Help me design this struts, please

Posted by emil thushanga <th...@gmail.com>.
Do you know how to setup initial project files you want,

This may be helpful to you if you very basic
=================================
mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=org.apache.struts
-DartifactId=struts2-archetype-starter -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.struts
-DarchetypeArtifactId=struts2-archetype-starter -DarchetypeVersion=2.0.11.2
-DremoteRepositories=http://repo1.maven.org/maven2

Emil

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 8:42 PM, Saeed Iqbal <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes
>
> i can send u a project where i did that
>
> at this point i dont have time to do all that for you
>
> On Tuesday, December 1, 2009, A. Lotfi <ma...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >

> > I have a small project and I am new in struts :
> >

> > DB Tables :
> >
> > User (userId, UserName,...,...)
> >
> > Roles(userId, Rolename,.)
> >

> > I want to have a jsp page :
> >

> > that has a search form : textfield(userId) and a search button
> >

> > when the user type a userid and press search button :
> >

> > all the information from the User table appear + two comboboxes :
> >

> > combobox (All roles in the database)
> >
> > combobox (Assigned roles to this user)
> >
> > two links :
> >
> > right arrow link for revoking roles
> >
> > left arrow link for granting roles
> >

> > could you please help me doing this ?
> >

> > thanks
> >

> > your help is appreciated.
> >

> --
> Saeed Iqbal
> Independant Consultant (Freelance)
> Struts - J2EE - Application Architect / Developer

Emil Thushanga

Re: Help me design this struts, please

Posted by Saeed Iqbal <sa...@gmail.com>.
Yes

Re: Any Struts + mysql example ?

Posted by larryreed <la...@comcast.net>.

Re: Any Struts + mysql example ?

Posted by Saeed Iqbal <sa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Any Struts + mysql example ?

Posted by "A. Lotfi" <ma...@yahoo.com>.
with jdbc,

thanks

Re: Any Struts + mysql example ?

Posted by Saeed Iqbal <sa...@gmail.com>.

Re: no Action mapped for namespace / and action name doLogin.

Posted by vikrant S <sh...@gmail.com>.
Guyz Any suggestions  Please

Any Struts + mysql example ?

Posted by "A. Lotfi" <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.
Declare namespace attribute for action mapping as "/"

Regards
--
Lukasz
http://www.lenart.org.pl/

RE: no Action mapped for namespace / and action name doLogin.

Posted by vikrant S <sh...@gmail.com>.
hi raghuveer,
I tried with ur suggestions but still I am getting the same error. Please
help me!!!

RE: no Action mapped for namespace / and action name doLogin.

Posted by "Raghuveer.V" <ra...@infotechsw.com>.
Hello Vikrant,

Very minor issue, I have reviewed your code and don't find any error.
Your xml configurations says you need to call default execute() in
com.tcs.infra.cmt.Login.java.

This should work on all servers.
I have tested a similar code in Tomcat and web sphere.

If you don't mention any namespace, it considers default package whose
namespace is as below in struts.xml.

<package name="sample" extends="struts-default" namespace="/">

You need to review your code either in
1. Action mapping in struts.xml
2. Action class implementing any specific interceptors.

In your struts.xml file change the following properties as below and test.
struts.devMode to true helps you to debug faster with enough logging
information.

struts.enable.DynamicMethodInvocation=true
struts.devMode=true

Regards,
Raghuveer Vellanki