Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Christopher Jackson <ja...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/18 05:03:06 UTC

Client components install order.

Hi all,

Is it possible to ensure clients are installed in a certain order? I have written a custom service with a CLIENT component which lists HDFS_CLIENT and HBASE_CLIENT as dependencies (scope: host). As part of my client install I add some libraries to HDFS and HBASE so I need for those clients to be installed before my client. I would think listing them as a dependency would achieve this, but it does not in Ambari 2.0.0.

How is client install order determined? How can I ensure my custom client is installed after a particular client?

Regards,

Christopher Jackson

Re: Client components install order.

Posted by Sumit Mohanty <sm...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Christopher,

Ambari does not support installation of clients. The dependency, for now, only ensures that they are installed on the same host.

Lets open a JIRA. Its easy to implement an install order as well - basically call the same helper method as done for START.

thanks
Sumit