Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Bernhard Michal <mi...@tigra.cz> on 2009/12/11 12:06:58 UTC

validate() form (Form.class) - how to validate form by hand?

Hello everyone,

How to run validation of form (Form.class) by hand?

Form.class javadoc says:

"If you want you can call validate() to execute form validation,
hasError() to find out whether validate() resulted in validation errors,
and updateFormComponentModels() to update the models of nested form
components. "

But in Wicket 1.4.3 the validate() method is protected so it's not
visible. By the way actually only hasError() method is public.

Why is this method protected?
Is javadoc stale or there is just a misunderstanding on my side?

Thank you.

Best regards,
michalb

SV: validate() form (Form.class) - how to validate form by hand?

Posted by Wilhelmsen Tor Iver <To...@arrive.no>.
> But in Wicket 1.4.3 the validate() method is protected so it's not
> visible. By the way actually only hasError() method is public.

In your Form class you can just override it with public visibility when you need it to be.

- Tor Iver