Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by je...@bull.net on 2007/03/29 15:53:17 UTC

Browsing Tomcat from an MC4j console (jmx)

Tomcat : 5.5.20
Java  : 1.5.0_09-b03

Hello

My tomcat 5..5.20 is well running and i want to administrate it from an
MC4J console but I don't know which url I have to invoke it

The URL is formed like this:
service:jmx:rmi://localhost/jndi/rmi://localhost:<port>/<protocole>connector_<name_of_tomcat_instance>

Which <port>, <protocole> and <name_of_tomcat_instance> do I have to choose
?

Many thanks

nb: From the same MC4J console, i can administrate my  JOnAS AS running on
the same server and the url is:
service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:1099/jrmpconnector_jonas

Best Regards

Jean-Louis Matéo

Re: Browsing Tomcat from an MC4j console (jmx)

Posted by Nicholas Sushkin <ns...@openfinance.com>.
Jean-Louis,

Basically, you specify the port number when you enable JMX access during
tomcat startup. Google for "tomcat enable jmx".

Here's a good article:
http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-08-2005/jw-0801-jmx.html

It looks like if you started Tomcat using

   set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=8999

then the URL would be

   service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:8999/jmxrmi

--
Nicholas Sushkin, Senior Software Engineer
http://www.openfinance.com http://www.wealthinformationexchange.com