Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Kees van Dieren <in...@squins.com> on 2012/11/19 22:29:08 UTC

What replaces Wicket 1.4 AbortException in Wicket 6.x?

Hi,

We have some code that returns zip output (e.g. downloads a file) in an
onsubmit of a wicket form.

We used to do this (with Wicket 1.4):

Get the WebResponse
Fill it with the ZIP contents

throw new AbortException();

The ZIP contents to be returned depends on the contents filled in by the
user in a wicket form.

However, AbortException does not exists any more.

What is the best way to do it on Wicket 6?

Thanks in advance!

--
Best regards / Met vriendelijke groet,

Kees van Dieren
Squins | IT, Honestly
Oranjestraat 23
2983 HL Ridderkerk
The Netherlands
Mobile: +31 (0)6 30413841
www.squins.com
http://twitter.com/keesvandieren
Chamber of commerce Rotterdam: 24435130
Boeken voor school en werk bestel je op studieboekencenter.nl

Re: What replaces Wicket 1.4 AbortException in Wicket 6.x?

Posted by Kees van Dieren <in...@squins.com>.
Found the solution for it.

Basically it comes to this:

On the place where binary content needs to be returned, use something like
this:
    @Override
    protected void onSubmit() {
        throw new ReplaceHandlerException(new IRequestHandler() {

            @Override
            public void respond(IRequestCycle requestCycle) {
                sendBinaryContents((WebResponse)
requestCycle.getResponse());
            }

            @Override
            public void detach(IRequestCycle requestCycle) {
                // nothing to detach.
            }
        }, false);

    }

    private void sendBinaryContents(WebResponse response) {
        response.reset();
        response.setAttachmentHeader("somefilename.zip");
        response.setContentType("application/zip");

        response.write(getZipData());
    }

Best regards,

Kees