Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Wynter <da...@roamware.com> on 2002/10/03 18:16:42 UTC

problems with paths using mod_jk 1.2

Hi,

I had been redirecting from Apache 2.0.42 index page to Tomcat 4.1.12
successfully. Then I had a corrupt filesystem and have had to do a complete
installation. This time I am using Apache 1.3.23 with Tomcat 4.1.12 and for
some reason my Turbine based servlet did not like th eredicrect and had an
'Infinite Redited exception'. So I am forced to get mod_jk working.

What I am trying to achieve is have people who hit my 'www.roamware.com' URL
be directed to 'www.roamware.com:8080/rwsite/servlet/template'

I downloaded the binaries for mod_jk 1.2 and installed them successfully.

I have my config files below. I followed an example given by a fellow Turbine
user, but I get a connection refused error.

My workers.properties is basic:

workers.tomcat_home=/usr/share/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12-LE-jdk14
workers.java_home=/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.1
ps=/
worker.list=ajp13
worker.ajp13.port=8009
worker.ajp13.host=www.roamware.com
worker.ajp13.type=ajp13

In my index.shtml page in Apaches html directory I have the following:

<head>
2.2.9-23mdk i686) [Netscape]">
   <title>Welcome to roamware</title>

<!-- Background white, links blue (unvisited), navy (visited), red (active)
--> </head>

onload="location='http://www.roamware.com:8080/rwsite/servlet/rwsite/templates/index.vm';">
etc.

I understand this should direct to the /rwsite/ path as defined in the
refresh above through the JkMount and Alias as defined in my mod_jk.conf
below. Also doesn't the VirtualHost append the 8080 port? If not how do you
do this?

JkWorkersFile /etc/httpd/conf/workers.properties
JkLogFile     /var/log/httpd/mod_jk.log
JkLogLevel error

<VirtualHost www.roamware.com:8080>
ServerName www.roamware.com

# Root context mounts for Tomcat
#
JkMount /rwsite/* ajp13

#
# The following line makes apache aware of the location of the /rwsite context
#
Alias /rwsite
"/usr/share/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12-LE-jdk14/webapps/rwsite/servlet/rwsite/template"
<Directory
"/usr/share/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12-LE-jdk14/webapps/rwsiteservlet/rwsite/template">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>

#
# The following line mounts the /servlet/ uri to tomcat
#
JkMount /rwsite/servlet/* ajp13

#
# The following line prohibits users from directly access WEB-INF
#
<Location "/rwsite/WEB-INF/">
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>

<Location "/rwsite/META-INF/">
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>

</VirtualHost>

Finally I hav eenabled the ssi and cgi in Tomcat (which I tested and it
works) Th eServlet.xml has th ehost name in Engine an dHost Elements as
www.roamware.com and the context with the empty path points to /rwsite as the
docBase. I Also have the 8009 Ajp13 connector define and the 8080 port
connector defined.

I can see in the mod_jk log that the mod_jk loads just fine. In my httpd
error log I get
[Thu Oct  3 16:48:53 2002] [error] [client 213.120.115.98] File does not
exist: /var/www/html/rwsite/
So clearly it is not connecting through to Tomcat.

Can anyone see what is wrong with my config above? I figure it has to be
mod_jk.conf that is wrong.

Thanks

David