Posted to wave-dev@incubator.apache.org by Evan Hughes <eh...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/10 00:04:11 UTC

To-do's for graduation

Hello all,

I think it's time for us to make a fixed set of tasks we want done before
we go for graduation.

To start off the list we must complete all the usual org tasks. This
includes license checking, notice checks, crypto notice.

Please respond to this with dot points of tasks you think should be on our
todos before grad and they will latter be compiled into our confluence for
the time being (maybe on website in the future). This will then transition
to issues and may be assigned to individuals to complete before the next
report.

Just to state clearly, anyone is able to make a suggestion, don't limit
suggestions to small tasks that are able to be completed before the next
Incubator report.

Todo List:

* Publish the svg of logo on website.
* Update incubator logo to use the new one (will be released shortly).
* Remove any unesscary dependencies in repo.
* Vote to decide on keeping the android client or to purge the repo.
* Make an updated binary release after all changes made.
* Clean the repository.
* Docker file.

Re: To-do's for graduation

Posted by Pablo Ojanguren <pa...@gmail.com>.
I tried the PR. LGTM:

Following tasks ran successfully: *testAll, jar, run, createDist*

My test was:

Extracted *distributions/wave-0.4.2.zip*, and ran* ./bin/wave*
Created an user and a new wave. Everything worked Ok. Text editor worked in
Chrome. User avatars didn't show.

Server stopped (Ctrl+C)
Changed following props in *config/reference.app*,

*delta_store_type : mongodb*
*profile_fetcher_type : gravatar*

Ran again
*./bin/wave*
Created new wave. Everything worked Ok, User avatars are shown now
(Gravatar). Wavelets delta appears in mongoDB.

It might be good to add the "*./bin/wave" *step in the README.

Thanks Evan.

Re: To-do's for graduation

Posted by Yuri Z <ve...@gmail.com>.
Will do.

Re: To-do's for graduation

Posted by Evan Hughes <wi...@apache.org>.

Re: To-do's for graduation

Posted by Yuri Z <ve...@gmail.com>.

Re: To-do's for graduation

Posted by Evan Hughes <eh...@gmail.com>.

Re: To-do's for graduation

Posted by Pablo Ojanguren <pa...@gmail.com>.

Re: To-do's for graduation

Posted by Evan Hughes <eh...@gmail.com>.

Re: To-do's for graduation

Posted by Evan Hughes <wi...@apache.org>.

Re: To-do's for graduation

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.

Re: To-do's for graduation

Posted by Michael MacFadden <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hello all,

I know there has been some email traffic on this recently, but I think we should also prepare a little section in the wiki that talks about the people in the project.  Who would be the committers, the PMC, etc. Essentially who are going to be the initial active participants of the TLP. We have a lot of committers here from 4 years ago that have moved on to other things and don’t have time to.. My understanding in general for a TLP is that committers don’t always equal PMC; but that for a small set of committers that may be the case.

Re: To-do's for graduation

Posted by Yuri Z <ve...@gmail.com>.
I think I can take care of releasing updated binary version + docker file.

Re: To-do's for graduation

Posted by Pablo Ojanguren <pa...@gmail.com>.
That todo list LGTM
Thanks Evan