Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by arul jack <ar...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/08 12:58:04 UTC

splitting the content in the crawled web pages in nutch

i'm using nutch with solr indexing. i want to split the content into
multiple subcontent as available in the web pages. The links for the sub
content should also be available to me to view in the solr interface.

example: (what i'm getting now in solr )

The Hindu: Latest News, Breaking News, Current News, Live Updates on India
& World Follow Today's Paper Archive Subscriptions RSS Feeds Site Map
ePaper Mobile Apps Social SEARCH Home News Opinion Business Sport S & T
Features Books In-depth Jobs Classifieds Shopping Bus tickets Bangalore
Chennai Delhi Hyderabad Kochi Thiruvananthapuram News Flash: BCCI imposes
life ban on former IPL Commissioner Lalit Modi PTI Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh with U.S. President Barack Obama during a bilateral meeting recently.
Dr. Singh will be having summit meeting with Mr. Obama in Washington. On
the sidlines of UNGA, Dr. Singh will also be meeting his Pakistani
counterpart Nawaz Sharif. File photo Manmohan leaves for US, to have summit
meeting with Obama Manmohan will hold talks with Barack Obama in Washington
and attend the UN General Assembly in New York, besides having a meeting
with his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif » 2 comments Pakistan
earthquake death toll rises to 245 Tuesday’s quake killed 210 people in
Awaran district and 35 others in neighbouring Kech district

what i want to get

The Hindu: Latest News, Breaking News, Current News, Live Updates on India
& World Follow Today's Paper Archive Subscriptions RSS Feeds Site Map
ePaper Mobile Apps Social SEARCH Home News Opinion Business Sport S & T
Features Books In-depth Jobs Classifieds Shopping Bus tickets Bangalore
Chennai Delhi Hyderabad Kochi Thiruvananthapuram.

( each of the above should come with links and not just as text ).

News Flash: BCCI imposes life ban on former IPL Commissioner Lalit Modi.

PTI Prime Minister Manmohan Singh with U.S. President Barack Obama during a
bilateral meeting recently. Dr. Singh will be having summit meeting with
Mr. Obama in Washington. On the sidlines of UNGA, Dr. Singh will also be
meeting his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif.

( i want separate news as given above ).

pls let me know how to achieve above functionality....

Re: splitting the content in the crawled web pages in nutch

Posted by Talat UYARER <ta...@agmlab.com>.
Hi Arul,

Your example is generic output for parser. If you want to custom output
you can develop custom parse filter. Whatever you want.
We use custom XPATH parser filter for like stuff. What is your Nutch
version ?

Talat