Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Akbar <ak...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/30 04:09:55 UTC

svn add weirdness

Hi,

$ svn status
?      vendor/extra_plugins/localization_simplified

$ svn add vendor/extra_plugins/localization_simplified
svn: warning: 'vendor/extra_plugins/localization_simplified' is
already under version control

$ svn status
?      vendor/extra_plugins/localization_simplified

Why is this? I remember that I had move localization_simplified
directory to another directory then move it to its place again but I
don't think it's an issue. svn add --force does not help.

Re: svn add weirdness

Posted by Akbar <ak...@gmail.com>.
On 11/30/06, Eric Hanchrow <of...@blarg.net> wrote:

> I think you've got some .svn directories from an old working copy
> lying around.

Ok, fix it by doing this:
$ cd vendor/extra_plugins/localization_simplified
$ find . -name ".svn" -exec rm -rf {} \;
$ cd ../../..
$ svn add vendor/extra_plugins/localization_simplified

Thank you for clue.

Re: svn add weirdness

Posted by Eric Hanchrow <of...@blarg.net>.
    Hi,
    $ svn status
    ?      vendor/extra_plugins/localization_simplified

    $ svn add vendor/extra_plugins/localization_simplified
    svn: warning: 'vendor/extra_plugins/localization_simplified' is
    already under version control

    $ svn status
    ?      vendor/extra_plugins/localization_simplified

    Why is this?

I think you've got some .svn directories from an old working copy
lying around.

    I remember that I had move localization_simplified directory to
    another directory then move it to its place again but I don't
    think it's an issue.

It is, if you moved a working copy using your operating system's
"move" commands -- "mv" on *nix, or drag-n-drop on Windows.  Use "svn
mv" to restructure stuff.

--
A special circle of hell should be reserved for video
executives who place previews at the beginnings of DVDs.