Posted to user@spark.apache.org by "Nastooh Avessta (navesta)" <na...@cisco.com> on 2015/08/12 01:36:08 UTC

Spark 1.4.0 Docker Slave GPU Access

Hi
Trying to access GPU from a Spark 1.4.0 Docker slave, without much luck. In my Spark program, I make a system call to a script, which performs various calculations using GPU. I am able to run this script as standalone, or via Mesos Marathon; however, calling the script through Spark fails due to inaccessibility of /dev/dri devices. I am wondering if Spark is trying to limit apps access to special devices, in any way?
Cheers,

[http://www.cisco.com/web/europe/images/email/signature/logo05.jpg]

Nastooh Avessta
ENGINEER.SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
navesta@cisco.com
Phone: +1 604 647 1527

Cisco Systems Limited
595 Burrard Street, Suite 2123 Three Bentall Centre, PO Box 49121
VANCOUVER
BRITISH COLUMBIA
V7X 1J1
CA
Cisco.com<http://www.cisco.com/>

[Think before you print.]Think before you print.

For corporate legal information go to:

Cisco Systems Canada Co, 181 Bay St., Suite 3400, Toronto, ON, Canada, M5J 2T3. Phone: 416-306-7000; Fax: 416-306-7099. Preferences<http://www.cisco.com/offer/subscribe/?sid=000478326> - Unsubscribe<http://www.cisco.com/offer/unsubscribe/?sid=000478327> - Privacy<http://www.cisco.com/web/siteassets/legal/privacy.html>

RE: Spark 1.4.0 Docker Slave GPU Access

navesta@cisco.com<ma...@cisco.com>