Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Aravind Muralikrishnan <ar...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/28 11:03:16 UTC

Compaction and replication

Hello all,

We have a master - slave replication setup for couchdb.
If we compact the master couchdb database does the compaction get
replicated to slave as well?
If we index the master couchdb database does the indexes also get
replicated to slave?

Thanks,
Aravind

Re: Compaction and replication

Posted by Nils Breunese <N....@vpro.nl>.
Aravind Muralikrishnan wrote:

> We have a master - slave replication setup for couchdb.
> If we compact the master couchdb database does the compaction get
> replicated to slave as well?

No, only documents in databases are replicated.

> If we index the master couchdb database does the indexes also get
> replicated to slave?

No, each CouchDB instance builds its own local view indexes. Only document operations are replicated.

Nils.
 VPRO   www.vpro.nl

Re: Compaction and replication

Posted by Aravind Muralikrishnan <ar...@gmail.com>.